Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spotting. Last night (1 red streak on the TP) and today (3 brown spots on pads) I have been spotting.

I never had any spotting with DS. None.

I have a terrible feeling about this.

DH called the midwives--we haven't even had our first visit--and they faxed the paperwork into the hospital lab so I got a quantitative blood draw today. I'll go in tomorrow for a Rhogam shot in case it is the worst. I'll get my second quantitative draw on Tuesday.

Oh, ladies, I am so wrecked. I'm just thanking God over and over for having had three weeks of pregnant joy, but I'm really scared that it could be over.

Prayers and happy thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

--willo

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

Waiting sucks.

Lots and lots of women have spotting in their normal, healthy pregnancies.

·
Registered
506 Posts
sorry you're going through this willo

i hope everything works out okay
sending good thoughts and prayers your way...
:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So sorry this is happenning. Hopefully it's nothing. I had a rather large subchorionic bleed with DD and everything was just fine. I'll be thinking of you!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I hope everything is ok, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts
Please keep us updated if you can.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The brown spotting is a good sign. Brown blood is a sign that its old blood. Have you had sex? Done anything strenious? Have a tough bowel movement? Any of these can cause spotting. Have you been getting enough fluids? Dehydration can also cause spotting.

I am in the same boat right now. I have been spotting off and on for almost 3 weeks now. Mine is a mixture of dehydration and a crappy cervix. Heck, even sneezing right now makes me spot.....I am on home IV therapy at the moment and its helped alot.

Keep us updated on how your doing sweety!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hugs, to OP. I hope everything will turn out fine for you but in the meantime remember that every pregnancy is different. With my first two pregnancies I had spotting, more with the first, less with the second and none this pregnancy. Each time is different and you could still be perfectly fine. Especially because it was brown spotting the second day.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Willo, I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope it's nothing serious. I've heard many women say that they've had healthy pgs even with spotting. Just remember that each pg is different. I know it's scary, but hang in there. Let is know how your blood draws go.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hang in there! I agree, brown blood is a good sign. The waiting game is the worst. Please let us know how the results turn out!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
...I'm crossing my fingers for you that everything will be fine. Usually brown spotting is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I agree with the pp about brown blood, old blood. I had this with my first dd and was told that it could be from sex, an internal exam, checking cp..... Hope all turnsout fine...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, ladies. I will try to post my results when I get them, whatever they are.

Well, I'll go in today (Tuesday) at 2:30 pm for my visit with the midwives.

I had the blood draw Sunday afternoon. The on-call midwife who sent me in Sunday had originally (on the phone that day) told me to come in for the Rhogam shot Monday.

Yesterday (Monday) when I talked to the midwife in the office first thing, she double checked that I had only started spotting late Saturday and said it was okay to do the shot within 72 hours of the bleeding, so she just changed my first scheduled pre-natal visit from Nov. 15th to today at 2:30 pm.

I was too scared to ask her for the results of the first quantitative draw on the phone. I was home alone with my son and figured I was better off waiting until DH was with me at the office. I'll admit, part of me hopes she decided to wait on the shot because she knew the first results and they were okay--but I assume they would want to see me even if the results sucked because they'd want to check me or give me advice or an exam or whatever else they do for a threatened m/c.

I actually only had one more (even smaller) brown spot yesterday, which is good.

But, I have to say, I've been feeling pretty crummy. I am very weak/dizzy. Possibly the result of an anemic pregnant woman having two vials of blood drawn? Not to mention being in terror for two days. Plus I have had very little appetite--fear, or symptom?

Now my biggest fear has gone from losing this pg to the fear that it is ectopic. I'm not having any cramping (like I would expect in a m/c) but I do have some pains higher up, nearer my belly button. I sure hope it is just gas, but I wish I felt less weak, hadn't noticed more back pain with this pg, and wasn't feeling any pains in my abdomen.

So I will spend another morning flat on the couch praying for good news, but I find that I'm pretty pessimistic. I'm staying calm, for myself, my son, and even this baby who deserves as much of my strength and joy as I can offer for whatever time we've got.

Thanks again for all the well-wishing.

--willo

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hang in there, Sweetie and know that we're all thinking of you! It's normal for every little feeling to seem like a serious symptom at this point. You're doing everything you can for the baby, so don't forget to be gentle with yourself.
xo

·
Registered
396 Posts
I hope your appointment brings good news, or at least some piece of minds over all those questions and worries. Take care of yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts