Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's just say that life isn't too grand right now. I'm feeling so depressed, even though I'm on meds for it. DH is being a real pain; self-centered & not caring about anything but himself. He makes me feel like I'm not very important, that this pregnancy is nothing special. I just don't know how much more of this I can take. He won't listen to me when I try talking to him. I thought he would want to come to the U/S with me, but it would mean him missing lunch, and I guess his lunch is more important than that.

He complains I don't do enough around here. I've told him I can't get everything done everyday, but he thinks I'm just being lazy

Sorry to post so negatively, but I need to talk about this with someone!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm sorry, mama! I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to let you know that your pregnancy is special and amazing, even if that's not being recognized by your DH right now. I hope things get better for you, and feel free to come vent anytime!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Oh Mama
I'm not in your DDC, but I saw this post on the main screen and had to see what was wrong. I'm really sorry things aren't going well right now. It must be incredibly difficult for you to get things done right now with six children and another on the way. I have two and one on the way and I find it impossible many a day!

Can you write your DH a note and gently explain what you're feeling? Sometimes guys just don't get it, you know? Many lack that intuitive side. Even my DH, who is the sweetest guy ever most of the time still has his far less than stellar times. In fact, I also had to talk to him this pregnancy about how I felt he wasn't really seeing me as pregnant and needing extra help. Once I explained it, things changed and he's been doing a lot better.

I hope things improve for you very quickly

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm sorry you're feeling so down right now. Are you a sahm? Just asking because a lot of times husbands (or significant others) think that just because you don't have a "job" that pays you monetarily that you don't work. Being a sahm is a full-time job with no sick days or vacation. I'm sorry he doesn't realize how much you do. Maybe if you actually stopped doing the chores for a few days he would see a BIG difference and be a little more appreciative.

Just yesterday my dh called me from work (I also work full time) and asked if I could write some things down on a list and call him around 3:30 to remind him of what to get at the store. When I called him, I had added a couple of things I needed.... he flew off the handle saying he didn't plan on spending all night in the store.. blah blah blah, so I calmly said, "well, nevermind, I'll pick them up myself when I get off of work, but I'm glad I could take time out of MY day to write the things down YOU wanted and then call you back at 3:30 like you asked to remind you of your list." He changed his song and dance right then and there and said, "alright, I'll pick the stuff up.... is that all you need?"

Sometimes they just need to be reminded of just how much we do that they take for granted.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your replies & the suggestions. I'll definitely try them & see. Yes, I'm a SAHM, but I also assemble things for the company he works for. It's easy to do, easy money, but very time-consuming. He told me the other day I needed to get more done each week. I got annoyed with him, since he could help me if he wanted more done badly enough, but chooses not to. I can see why he doesn't want to, but some days I don't want to do them either, but I have to to make ends meet.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I'm sorry you are down and not getting the support you need from your DH right now.
I hope that talking with him helps. You can always come here to vent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts