Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but instead I'm crying my eyes out and missing my daughter

she just left for her 3 day/2 night camping trip- and I can't shake this 'bad' feeling. I know, logically, that everything will be fine but in my heart I really feel unsure about the fact that I sent her. Tell me I'm just being a mom and worrying for no reason..please?

I felt ok last night about it, and even this morning but the second I walked back into the house it really hit me: my kid is gone.
I can't even imagine how I'll feel if she ends up getting hurt..

I did the right thing by letting her go, right?

eta: dd's 8 yrs..

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Aw, she will be fine and have a GREAT time. Think of all the great skills she will learn. She'll be roasting marshmallows and singing songs and having a great time. This is a great opportunity for her. I do understand that it is stressful for you, but I'm sure she'll be well looked after.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
You're not 'just' a mom!
You're her mom, doing your job.
Is there something specific you're concerned about?

She's probably going to have a lovely time!

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you.. really.

we woke up way late (10 min before she had to go) so we were really rushed, I didn't have time to make her waffles (so she has a clif bar) and we didn't get to hug goodbye.. I don't even know what I was thinking- I DIDN'T HUG HER
she isn't too cuddly and could go either way- but I really am in shock..

I wrote her a note though, and packed pictures.. I put her favorite cookie in her lunch and spent the past two days doing all kinds of special things with her. Now I just have her jammy shirt, with salty tears all over..

She was soo excited to go though, but woke up all froggy-sounding today. She's def a nature girl so I'm sure this will be perfect (and memorable).

I hope I packed everything though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.