Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I read everything posted here but don't post much. Am feeling chatty today though. So hopefully you don't mind too much.

Am 2 weeks over due....and am tired of being pregnant. Have a big camping trip I am hoping (dieing) to go on next Thursday with a bunch of family and friends. But the chances of that are getting slimmer and slimmer. Anyone one got suggestions to get things to get going? I'm not a fan of the cod liver oil idea. I used the Polly Block herbal blend ( http://www.birthjunkie.com/5week_formula.html ) with my last two kids but wanted to go without and see what happened this time. I think I'm regretting it. My first baby was 2 weeks over due and my second was 10 days. Maybe I'm just fretting to much. And being too impatient. I did pick up some raspberry leaf tea today. Have my second cup brewing.

Anyway thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I really don't have any tips for you, but wanted to offer my condolences. ;) Serioulsy though, my thoughts are that DTD as meaningful and lovingly as possible every day can help. And that when your body gets ready at the same time that your baby is ready, then it will happen in the exact moment it is meant to. Forcing it before that point just might make for a longer, drawn-out labor (from what I've seen and read of other women).

Question: would you want to go on that camping trip with a brand new babe and a tired, recovering body? I'm sure you've thought of it. I personally wouldn't be up for that right after having had a baby, but everybody is different.

Blessings to you and your baby's near and dear birth experience! Happy, healthy vibes your way!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right it will happen when its the right time.

If this birth is anything like my second one (no tearing, little bleeding that is mostly done in a week) I'd be up for this 2 night trip. I'd only have to take care of myself and baby and would have hubby's help. Plus help from a lot of others.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.