Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will dye my new wool soaker for me? I just finished reading about the kool aid dying and I really want this one colored...I'm think I'm just too nervous about screwing it up. Is there somewhere, some wahm who might be willing to do it for me? Should I just "suck it up" and do it myself?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I'm sure there's someone who will, but I promise it is NOT hard and you will be very proud of yourself! Just mix up the color you want, put it in, and check it every few minutes until it's the color you like.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Yeah, it's really not hard. What color are you going for? I was scared my first time around, but it's so easy and so fun, I love dying wool and silk now. It's so much easier than dying cotton and hemp.
And don't be scared to microwave the soaker to set the color, as long as you don't touch it after microwaving it, you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Soak it in vinegar and water for a bit. Wring it out... then make up your KA and HAVE FUN!!!

You can microwave it for 10 minutes (or so), or steam it... then let it cool, and then soak it in the vinegar/water solution for a little bit again.

You won't mess it up! Have a good time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.