Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>No, I'm not scared of flying (I actually booked a window seat). I'm scared of security. I'm scared I'll be selected for additional screening. I'm scared I might be on a do not fly list (long story, basically I had a <strong>very</strong> brief relationship in 2001 with somebody who I discovered would most definitely be on the do not fly list). I have a severe phobia of authorities. I'm scared of the body scans. I'm scared of the pat downs. I'm scared of the crowds. I'm afraid I'm going to get sick on the plane. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm a nervous wreck here. It's a domestic flight, going from one large US city to another large US city. I'm leaving tonight. Talk me down! Advice would be appreciated.</p>

·
Registered
868 Posts
<p>I'm planning on flying in a few months, <a href="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-safety-security/1138014-complete-list-airports-whole-body-imaging-advanced-imaging-technology-scanner.html" target="_blank">http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-safety-security/1138014-complete-list-airports-whole-body-imaging-advanced-imaging-technology-scanner.html</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>we're actually thinking about flying out of canada, but if you're in GA thats not really an option...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>can you check ahead of time to see if you are on the no-fly list? my neighbor was, because her BIL was in trouble with the law, and they had the same last name, She was able to clear it up when she got her boarding pass though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Get to the airport really early(like 4 4 hours) and try to book your flight at a time that's not so busy?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>bring some dried ginger to help with nausea on the plane(or a motion sickness medication, motion sickness bracelet, etc)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've heard that if you have kids with you, it is less likely that you will be selected for the body scanner machine(sorry, i can't remember if you have kids or not)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>there are also rumors going around that many airports are going to forgo pat-downs and body scanners for the holiday rush, due to threats of boycotting the body scanners</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>ah, just saw that you are leaving tonight!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but, everything is going to be OK. :) happy traveling :)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts