Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here and was hoping for some guidance. Unfortunately in my area we do not have any breastfeeding support or groups, so any tips/suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.
My right breast has been giving me a bit of trouble lately. A month and half back I had a plugged duct for 24hrs... It was painful & I tried everything in the book finally it released and by the morning the pain was gone... In the meantime my supply went down but I would still offer LO that breast first. It would frustrate LO that she wasn't getting enough or the milk flow wasn't fast enough. The problem I am running into is my breast still feels hard/full... There is no pain, soreness, redness, fever, etc. Is it possible that there is still a blockage? Like I mentioned before it has been well over a month since this has taken place. My supply also has decreased significantly on that side, where I was able to pump 3-4oz I am only getting 1.5-2oz. Any suggestions!?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Is it hard all over or just in one place?

Could you have a bleb/milk blister? Is there a little blister on your nipple which looks like it has milk in it?

Are you still expressing on that side? What happens if you leave it alone except for babe's feeds? Does it get harder/fuller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts