Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lil girl is 10mos. old and is just now starting to try to crawl.She does not want to stand or even put weight on her legs unless she's in her saucer.She has no teeth yet,but she babbles and says words like mama dada nana. I don't know if her not doing these things is something I should worry about or just take in stride any help would be nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know it's hard not to worry as a parent, but I think what you are describing sounds well within the "normal" boundaries. Keep in mind that "normal" is different for *every* child. All my friends children walked by 12 months old. Our first child started walking at 17 months (and people were freaking out!), our 2nd at 15 months, and our third at 13 months. What it taught me was that although it is important to listen to those inner voices that tell you something is truly wrong, trust that your child will come to learn the skills he/she needs in their own time.

If this continues to worry you, I would mention it to a trusted healthcare provider. They would be better able to evaluate if there is anything keeping your daughter from moving around.

G - Mom to 3 great kids

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to thank you for replying.It's been on my mind and I didn't know who to talk to. There is this girl where I used to work and she had her baby 3 weeks after I had mine. She is quite the competetive one and was always talking about my baby does this,my baby does that. I talked to her yesterday and of course it was full of my babys and her daughter is doing all those things,walking, talking, and has teeth. It just makes me wonder if my baby is behind or just taking things at her own pace. I talked it over with her father and he says he doesn't think theres anything wrong she's just going at her own speed again thank you.Like I read on here before it's not like she's gonna be crawling to school I hope.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is hard to be around competive mothers! My first did not care to even try to crawl until 11 months then thought about walking at 15 months. She is a little over 2 now and still would prefer to be carried. But is quite capable of walking and running and dancing.....As kansasgirle says, they are all different. This is part of their personality!

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is a large range of "normal" for developmental milestones, and your little one is still within that range. Some babies don't crawl until their 10th or 11th month, and some don't crawl at all; they go directly from scooting to pulling up and walking.

Also, babbling at this age is normal. True words are usually closer to one year.

Having said that, if you are really worried, you can have your pedi do a Denver developmental survey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts