Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eating an insane amount of chocolate and sugar. I have a share at an organic CSA and I work five hours a week at the farm to get it...yet it sits. What are your favorite ways to quiet down the sirens of candy bar and cereal land? I often don't eat much at all during the day and then I am serious - I drive to the store in my nightshirt and slippers sometimes to get chocolate. I have a huge abundance of knowledge about nutrition, I used to love to cook. We are both disabled stb dh has crohn's and all I can get him to eat is fudge bars and he doesn't do well with any other liquid than sprite - even our artesian fed awesome water goes right through him. I'm just crazy ok that was unnecessary judgment on myself - I have severe mental illness. I think - could it be the meds? no I have always had a sugar siren on my shoulder. Is it yeast again? no, I have no symptoms. Ok, I know what it is but I'm too ashamed to say. In the meantime, I figure there has to be some quick way to get some major protein in me just to surf the urge, and to get some nutrition in my face in the morning. I know once I get going I can pull myself out. All the nutrition info was so motivating when it was new... now I can sit there and say, yeah tomorrow... I did make myself a good smoothie the other day - coconut oil, greek yogurt w/ honey(organic, from the food pantry!) about 4 big handfuls of fresh cut swiss chard and an overflowing cup of blueberries. Oh, and I put brewer's yeast in. We have beans coming out my ears, so I have made soup a few times and it's worn out it's welcome, links to good not soup veggie & bean recipes would be good too. Thanks for any suggestions!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts