Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to let me get myself a birthday present!!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=13365446

I'm going to meet him tomorrow and I think I've got DH convinced even though he won't admit it yet.

The biggest question is if he will mesh with Dusti, because otherwise I think he's a good candidate for the type of dog we are used to (furry, lots of double coat, largeish size, loves water, etc)

(my birthday is on Tuesday by the way, hehehe)

· Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm terrible at making up names, so I kinda figured we'd keep it.

Have any other suggestions though?
Do you think Hank is a bad name?

I figured since we have a Dusti already I would try to avoid having another "y" ending so that the dogs could understand better.
I kindof like the name Max, but SIL has a little dog named that and he might be spending some time over here next year (it's just a slight possibility at this point) so we can't have two dogs named Max. hehe

The only thing I'm having trouble with is that I will have to make room for another XL crate in the house. lol
I've been planning to put our freezer on the back porch and this just might be the motivation I need to actually get up and MOVE that thing.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
I think Hank is an awesome name, and it suits him well.

I think changing it from Hank to Max would be funny -- if you want an old man name (and I think old man names are great on big dogs), then why change it? If you really want an old man name you picked yourself he might make a good Gus, but he'd make an equally good Hank.

That's just my opinion though.

· Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess it wasn't meant to be. They don't have him anymore

I called the first time they were opened as soon as I got the OK from DH, that's the best I could do. Funny thing is, I used to want a chocolate Lab and they have a female adult one, but she just doesn't interest me like Hank did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.