Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<warning: politically incorrect language ahead. This is a clip from an out of print newspaper from 57 years ago, and language use and its appropriateness has changed over time.> ( This appears to be the only thing that has changed apparently.)<br><br><a href="http://patterico.com/2008/01/07/la-press-archives-part-3-the-illegal-immigration-debate-reloaded/" target="_blank">Has anything changed in 57 years?</a><br><br>
Despite all of the political posturing, hot air from Washington DC, quota reforms, civil rights suits, UFW, several anmesty programs, and reorganizing the INS and customs department, the whine remains the same.<br><br>
I think our government and the corporate suits like the status quo.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Not Criminals<br><br>
The patrol realizes that it is not dealing with criminal types, but honest men seeking honest work wherever they can. Its attitude with ranchers, however, is not so kindly.<br><br>
H.R. Landon, district director of the Naturalization and Immigration Service, had hoped that Congress would pass a penalty law against ranchers “knowingly” hiring <illegals>.<br></td>
</tr></table></div>
I changed a word... I want to point out that just skimming the article I can't help but notice that the tone is very different. It doesn't blame the undocumented workers, but the ranchers who exploit them. Things have changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts