Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 19 months and because I WOH, she generally nurses 3 times a day now: once at 5 a.m., once when I get back home from work at 5:30 p.m., and then once to fall asleep at 8:30 p.m. She's nightweaned. Recently, she started being uninterested in nursing when I dropped her off at daycare and would prefer to play or read books before I left for work. I followed her lead and stopped offering.

There's now a new younger child at her daycare who is 13 months and whose mother comes to nurse him every morning. As soon as DD sees this boy, she asks for the breast. There had been a good 2 month period where she wasn't at all into the boob at daycare, but now, perhaps out of desire to immitate this child, she wants to nurse too. When the child isn't there and other older children are, DD doesn't want anything to do with nursing...

Anyone else experience this?

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Yes, my son had stopped nursing shortly before 2yo and then we went to a LLL meeting, when he saw all the other kids nursing he latched on right there and went to town lol. I think its normal, they are just reminded of how awsome nursing is and they want it again so to speak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.