Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My DH and I just moved to London from the states about 2 months ago and we are expecting our first in about 3 weeks
I can't believe it!!

Anyway, we have decided we would like to delay vaccinations and possibly not do them at all, but we are unsure how the NHS system and immunisations work. I have been unable to find any information out other than the reccomended schedule and I haven't wanted to bring the subject up with my midwife just in case...

Any thoughts? Are immunisations required or do we have the right to refuse them?

TIA!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am assuming you mean London, England? I ask as I am in London, Canada!

Anyway, you might want to post on the Vaccination forum. There are tons of people there from all over who do not vax or delay vaxing. I am sure someone there will know the answer!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
No laws, no regulations, no "you can't attend school" pressure. Just expect pressure/expectation from your dr, as I think they are funded according to vacc take-up, & have pressure put on them from above to make targets.

I believe it is far easier to refuse in the UK than the USA. There are no laws over exemption as there is no school requirement.

HTH

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
hi! i moved here from the states, in London, too. where are you? i'm near Willesden off Harrow road.

anyhoo...i had my first babe over here and had to figure out the NHS system. you can refuse vaccines. i have to say i got pressured into getting hte TB vacc and i am so disappointed i did that. i wont' with my next. we live in a high TB area.

you get the regular stuff at 1 month 4 month 6 month and then MMR at 1 year. need more specifics or no? they have a pneumonia vacc out that i refused.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great info - thanks!!! I was kind of thinking along those lines (that I have the right to refuse, but might get pressured)...but I will just hold my stance...

mkmama - we are in greenwich (SE)...lovely little area I might say
how long have you been in London for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts