Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I asked about this before...and I'm sorry I forget which Mama here said she has this as part of her custody agreement.<br><br>
But I'm trying to draw something up, and would love to know the best way to word this, without sounding too "threatening" to my ex, if you know what I mean. There probably is no subtle way to word it, but for those of you who have this, I'm am curious about how it's worded!!<br><br>
Supposedly right now my ex will agree to me having sole physical custody, and we will share joint legal....but I do want that "impasse" thing if I can get it.<br><br>
Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Mine was actually recommended by the court counseling service, who did a 3 month family study (and ex made himself look pretty ridiculous). During the study, I kept insisting that I would always include him, but that if there was a conflict I wanted to make the best decisions. I also had prior experience with my dad almost approving a colonectomy for my sister w/o any legal authority to do so and the lady knew I had big concerns (especially about medical stuff).<br><br>
I think she worded it something about "because the parties live far apart and Jennifer will have more day to day contact, she is to involve Jon in all decisions regarding the children's welfare but if there is a conflict will have impasse decision making power."<br><br>
I think spelling out all the things that you would include him in (schooling, religion, medical, etc.) then put a little clause at the end about impasse decision making power might work, it depends on how difficult or suspicious he is. Frankly, I don't think my ex much cared at that point...he'd deferred to my research skills about most medical things anyways (although his irrational fears of disease and my conciliatory nature has dd1 almost fully vaxed despite what I knew to be strong concerns. Finally when we read through all the info forms at the doctors office for the vaxes and found two actually still contained thimeresol when the doctor had not been aware of it, he just completely deferred).<br><br>
Good luck with it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts