Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting impatient because I've now carried my second baby longer than my first.<br><br>
Admittedly, my first was born at 37 weeks, 1 day. I'm now at 37 weeks, 5 days. I "dropped" 3 weeks ago and I swear this baby's head has been pressing like crazy on my pelvic floor ever since then. I also feel huge!<br><br>
Do I have a right to be impatient? I'm beginning to think that I should change my mindset and expect to go 41 weeks! I'm also nervous about being able to naturally birth a big baby (first one was 6 lbs 4 oz, and was born after 26 minutes of pushing, no pain meds, and only a tiny tear).

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Elyen -- Please, don't worry about a big baby. Your body wouldn't grow a baby it couldn't get out. I've heard of many women having small babies and then surprised with a large one that didn't cause any more pain or stretching than their little babies.<br><br>
What's more is -- I totally feel for you! Man, if you think you're going to deliver at 37 weeks and you go over, that could be tough. Remember, many women go to 42 weeks or more. So, it could be October when this babe comes. Just know that it will be the perfectly right time for the baby.<br><br>
Meanwhile, what can you do to pass the time? A friend of mine who was going well past her due date made plans with me every Weds for lunch at her favorite restaurant for an entire month after her due date. We figured even if she went well over, at least we'd have fun and good food. We only managed two lunches, but she was so glad to have something to look forward to besides prenatals.<br><br>
Also, can you take a class? Get DP to watch your child and go learn pottery or painting or belly dancing or swimming! You'll do that one night a week and have a good time counting the weeks rather than frowning. You can get through this. I know you can!<br><br>
Edited because I thought of one more class to take.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Elyen - Hi, i'm in that same perdiciment! I'm now 40 +3 and delivered my son at 38 weeks... pushed like 3 times and he was out, no drugs! I've been MISERABLE this entire pregnancy, but most specifically since i was 36 weeks! Knowing that i could go at anytime, and waking up everyday not going into labor... It is getting harder and harder as days go on... Now my Dr. is talking induction and breaking of my waters... etc...!! My first was 6lbs 1/2 oz... this baby is already bigger, but not that much i'm sure... No advice, just hang in there with the rest of us!<br><br>
BTW -- the rest of us have been hanging out in the Equinox Sept/Oct Moms thread... You should join us... we just had three births in the past 3 days and it is getting exciting... Here's the link...<br><br><a href="http://mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84525" target="_blank">http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=84525</a><br><br>
Hope to see you there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts