Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi ladies... I'm having some weirdness going on, so I could use some opinions.  I'm 5dpo.  My temp spiked yesterday, and plummeted today.  I had cramping last night, and again today.  I woke up this morning to brown-tinted CM, and has progressed to actual spotting. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am on my first cycle of Clomid, so I don't know if it's somehow related to that.  Without the Clomid, I generally started spotting on 8-10dpo and spot until my period begins.  So 5dpo is early for me to spot. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is 5dpo too early for implantation bleeding and cramping???  I'm so confused!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5d89" target="_blank">www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5d89</a></p>

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>I also notice you had spotting mid cycle on cd9 so while it could be implantation, I would think just more random mid cycle spotting? So many things can explain spotting so implantation isn't usually thought to be that until after the fact.<br>
Good luck! I hope it is a good sign!</p>

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>The spotting midcycle (CD9ish) was actually the result of the HSG - I had some pretty heavy spotting and clotting as a result of that. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the response.  I'm trying not to read too much into it, but the alternative (early pre-AF spotting) is depressing... but entirely possible considering my history.  I was just hoping the Clomid would fix it!</p>

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hope it is implantation spotting for you! I don't know much about clomid or if it causes spotting. I'm not sure how long after implantation spotting occurs. I had definate cramps at 5&6dpo but just started spotting last night, no real blood, just brownish cm, today is 9dpo. I also have pre-af spotting so I'm feeling sad. I hope for us both it is just implantation and not af interfering.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
<p>Here I am, stalking your old threads to find out more about early spotting cycles. So it looks like your current pregnancy was the second clomid cycle? Were there any other things prescribed, or was it Clomid by itself?</p>

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Hey Rosie! </p>
<p>Yep, my BFP came on the second cycle of Clomid.  First cycle with it I still had some spotting, so I was very discouraged and was pretty sure it wasn't going to work.  But second cycle I had no spotting at all, and got the BFP!   I only had Clomid, no other meds. </p>
<p>I had the spotting for about six or seven months before I finally got the meds.  I had seen two docs about the spotting, but neither of them took me seriously because I hadn't been trying the magical 12 months, and they were convinced that once I got pregnant, my body would know what to do and I wouldn't spot.  I eventually found my current doctor, who gave me the Clomid on my first visit to him.  He's my hero!  ;)</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts