Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I be pregnant? DH and I are living 6 hours apart for the summer due to dh's job... last time I saw him was on 4th of July... I was probably around day 10 or so of my cycle. About a week ago, I started my period, or so I thought... but then it was over after about a day and a half. I am still breastfeeding, so I'm not completely regular, but I'm still regular enough to know that my periods last around 6-7 days, not one and a half. And I thought that my period may have come earlier than it should have... I was sort of suprised when I started it, like thinking that it should have been another few days or so...

Has anyone ever had implantation bleeding where you actually thought you were on your period? With my last pg, I had a day of light spotting when it implanted, but this was a bit heavier than spotting. And it wasn't just pinkish in color, it was red...

We are not trying to get pg right now, but we're not using any bc either...

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Yes, the first time I was pregnant I mistook implatation bleeding for my period. I was an abnormal "period" for me, but it didn't occur to me that there was possibility it would be anything else as I had never heard of implantation bleeding at the time.
Are you going to test???

·
Registered
10 Posts
i also bled with my first pregnancy. i totally thought it was my period albeit an abnormal period because it was light and lasted a day ( a normal period for me is about 2 days, sometimes 3). the next day i was like, whoa that was wierd and started to think something was up with me. surprise i was pregnant.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just had implantation bleeding and I am pregnant! It was bright red, but with no "tissue" of any kind, just blood. It lasted about a day, and my periods are closer to a week. The funny thing is I took a pregnancy test the day the bleeding came (before it came) and there was a light second line. So when the bleeding started I was distraught! But it stopped very soon, and I am a month pregnant now! Hooray for a baby on the way?!?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Yes. Both times.

With my first pregnancy I had light bleeding for about 7 days and on the last day I had excruciating cramps (implantation - I can't miss it!). With dd I had severe cramps the day the bleeding started and I had light bleeding for NINE days. I thought I hadn't dropped an egg (I got pregnant the same month my m/c was due) so I was pretty darned depressed and I was in my 1st trimester unbeknownst to me... I didn't find out I was pregnant again till I was 7 weeks along due to a false negative at around 4 weeks.

Hopefully next time I'll recognise my pretty obvious implantation signs
Hopefully they won't change too much from what they've been in the past...

love and peace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts