Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i had heard of implantation bleeding, but not implantation cramping, but yesterday, at 4/5 dpo, i had what were unmistakebly menstrual cramps...not for very long, but again, it is a very unique sensation, and it was there.
I looked, and it says IC is likely to be felt at 8-10 dpo...but last pregnancy, i had a ++ test at 8 dpo, so i had implanteds on day 5 or so.....so i don't think it would be too early for me, although it is earlier than average, you know?
Anyone have any experiences with implantation cramping?

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
When I was about 7 days pg with my daughter, I was sitting in the movies and I had the most painful, strong cramp in my uterus. It lasted only a few minutes, but it was memorable.

I believe that must have been implantation cramping.

Good luck!! Hope you're pg, if that's what you want!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had implantation cramping and spotting with my second. I believe it was about 4 dpo. It only lasted maybe 1 hour. And the spotting was so very light. I knew it wasn't my period, because it was way too early for that. So, I took it as a positive sign.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol
thanks guys
although we were ttc, now that its a possibility, im really hoping were NOT...I mean, of course ill be happy and love my baby, but dh is starting grad school (recent decision) and it would be great to have the timing be next late summer rather then early spring.........

i'll keep you updated!

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Yeah, you may find it referred to as 'burrowing' in your reading as well.

It can happen both before and after any spotting is noticed from the implantation. I can take several days for the future wee one to burrow deeply into the uterine wall and sometimes mamas feel that as cramping.

I felt it quite distinctly with this pregnancy, but thought it was early menstrual cramps...but then at 11DPO I had a positive test and an answer for all my weird symtoms.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I had implantation cramping at 5dpo...and my breastmilk supply took a hit within 24 hours and has been low ever since. Yes, it happens that early.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Yep I had implantation cramping with both of my PG's. I thought they were menstrual cramps but they weren't and were much stronger!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had implantation cramping too, but I also thought it was early menstrual cramping. I didn't even think to take a HPT until I was 18DPO because of the cramps, I seriously thought my period was just around the bend... I guess the bend is ALOT longer than I'd thought

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTC
I had implantation cramping at 5dpo...and my breastmilk supply took a hit within 24 hours and has been low ever since. Yes, it happens that early.

SIGH

There was barely anything there this morning...and dd slept through the might for the first time ever...so i should have been ENGORGED....instead..barely enough for her morning milky.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.