Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still having brown spotting 3 days later. Testing neg. I usually start spotting on the 8th. I started on the 9th and it continues. If this was implantation spotting, how soon would a test come out positive?. I think I am 12 DPO today.<br><br>
Its weird, I do have some symptoms. I have had on and off sore boobs. I NEVER get this since I had a breast reduction. The first time I noticed this was with my miscarriage in May. I did not have this with my other two children. I think with each attempt to breast feed, you can actually recanalize the milk ducts. So, maybe thats why I am getting this sensation with these later pregnancies?? I was having vivid dreams about a week ago. Yucky vivid dreams. I also had 3 nosebleeds. Which I did with my first. I honestly don't see this cycle going anywhere but I am still hopeful.<br><br>
So, if I am having implanation spotting still, how long until I can test?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I pulled this from another website:<br>
There are early prediction home pregnancy tests available that claim to detect pregnancy as early as 6 days past ovulation. This means right away after implantation take place, because usually it takes around six days for fertilized egg to implant. It takes so long since spermatozoid connect with ovum in external third of fallopian tube, so it travels to back wall of your uterus around 6 days. However, in spite of their claims, most are not sensitive enough to guarantee you an accurate result at this point, so early. By 14 days after fertilization, which is about the time you would expect your period, most home pregnancy tests may be able to detect if you are pregnant or not. These tests dectect the hormone in your urine and give you a positive result f implantation occur. In fact, you are much more likely to get an accurate result if you wait until a week after your expected period. The fact is that the amount of hCG that these tests detect in the urine on any given day after implantation can vary a great deal from one woman to another. Some tests claim to be sensitive enough to detect the levels of hCG that most pregnant women were likely to have on the first day of their missed period. Most of the other tests were only sensitive enough to pick up about 16 percent of pregnancies at that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts