Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting my af in about a week, but I had some very light spotting and a little crampiness. I am wondering if I am getting af early or if this could be implantation? How long after ttc does implantation take place if sperm and egg actually meet up? Oh, I hope it is implantation!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Implantation typically takes place between 8-12 days after ovulation. It can take place as early as 6-7 days, but 8+ days is more common.

It is possible the spotting is due to implantation, but it is also possible for post-ovulation spotting to indicate low progesterone. If the apotting continues and AF arrives, I'd seriously consider getting your progesterone levels tested if it happens again. Everyone has a wonky cycle once in a while, but recurrent spotting after ovulation can be an early warning sign of hormonal imbalances.

I hope I didn't scare you, but I thought you should be aware of both the positive and the negative implications of spotting.

Kathryn

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. If af doesn't show up in a week, I think I'll test. It is definately could be that my hormones are off, I had a d&C for a miscarriage about 3 months ago, and this is only my second cycle since then. The midwife said it would be OK to try after one cycle, but my body may not be ready yet. I'm trying to be patient and just wait and see, not doing so well with the patience part!

·
Registered
31 Posts
OMG so I might be preggers after all...My "period"...that is, one day spotting, one day light, three days spotting...came 12 dpo. Could that count as implantation bleeding? I've been ttc since Oct...how long after implantation should a preg. test show up positive?

Kat

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It IS possible if your AF is usually heavier than that. I have a friend who had a couple "AF" (so she thought) and then "Got pregnant" (so she thought) and went to the Dr. saying "either I'm farther along, or this is twins!" Turns out she was already 19 weeks! and the "AFs were spotting.

So, IF you had spotting that was from implantation, and you are indeed pregnant, since the hcg levels double every 2 days, they would definitely be high enough to register on an HPT.

Of course it's also possible you just had a very light AF too. But I hope this is it for you!

Kathryn
9 dpo, and 2 neg. tests but still hoping!

·
Registered
31 Posts
*usually* AF is 5 days, one or two heavy, and otherwise light. However, I've been having very weird cycles lately...
My Chart: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/a4388
and I've been having "morning sickness" or what seems like it for the past week or so...since I've been lucky enough to find out that my local dollar tree sells HPT's (the 25hcg sensitive ones-I checked the box) I don't have to worry so much about the high cost of testing. If, however, this continues and I DON'T test positive by the time my next bout with AF comes 'round...I might have to see a doc/OB, which I really dun wanna do. ugh.

Thanks for the support!

Blessings,

Kat

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Did you not chart the rest of June? The may chart definately shows a temp drop at the end before AF.

Why don't you want to go to the OB?

Are you having fertility signs, like EWCM and changes in your cervix? FF did give you an O date so the computer thinks you O'd. You had a beautiful temperature shift. Your LP is a decent length. I know that it is only one chart but that one looks nice.

People have told me the average time to conception in a totally normal, healthy couple, is 6 months.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
um...I'm still in the process of charting June, since it isn't over with yet
As for not wanting to go to the OB...It's just tricky for me with transportation...and having my son with me...and trying to work around my DP's work sched. I have to rely on the bus system...and it takes an hour to get anywhere. I haven't been checking my cervix, just my fluid...cervix I've been having trouble trying to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be feeling for.

Blessings,

Kat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.