Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left bottom wisdom tooth is impacted and came through the gum a little bit a few months ago. Now, it is bright red and VERY painful. I cannot sleep at night and have been alternating ibprofun and tylenol every 2 hours. When I got up this morning my whole left cheek was swollen. My head, ear, and neck hurt and I feel crappy. I would get it taken out, but I am breastfeeding dd who is 6 months old and do not have dental insurance. It seems to be getting worse and worse. Does anyone know of anything I can do?? What would you suggest?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The extraction can probably be done with local anesthesia. If you cannot get to a dentist Saturday, see a dr. and get antibiotics, maybe.<br>
Better to get this fixed than to suffer for months or years.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Momma, it sounds like you might have an infection. Very important to get some antibiotics as an abscess can spread very quickly and cause alot of damage. My hubby is a general dentist and his patients do come in needing extractions and if they are not to complicated or the tooth isn't too rotten then he will do them and it is a lot less expensive to have a general dentist do it than an oral surgeon. But if it is impacted then you may have no choice but to go to an oral surgeon and the sooner, the better.<br><br>
Try to pump extra before the procedure so you will have reserves for the first few days after the procedure as you may feel a little under the weather. And you may need to take painkillers afterward which will be transmitted through your breast milk.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Not sure if you've gotten it taken care of yet. I just had to get a molar pulled last week because I was about in tears with the pain. I'm nursing a 7 week old, so I know that is scary. They just used local anesthesia, and it feels so much better now that it's out. I don't know how much it would cost to get a widom tooth pulled compared to a molar, but FYI the extraction for the molar was $105 We do have insurance so we didn't have to pay that full amount...I would definately get it taken care of though; pain is no fun!!<br><br>
Take care Mama, Sara

1 - 4 of 4 Posts