Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything that I have the energy to take care of in prep for the baby is done already. I'm too tired to do more. At this point we're just waiting on the baby to make her arrival. I'm almost 39 wks (like 38 5/7 or something like that) It seems like the entire household is at a standstill waiting for her to make her arrival.

I'm too tired to clean/declutter, too uncomfortable to sleep, not starting anything "big" because I dont want to start a project and have it sit for 6 months, and basically just waiting and waiting for her to come. I know its early and I don't expect her to show up before 40 wks in the least (just based on past pregnancies) but there's nothing left to do. I am dying to start my diet and exercise vigorously again (no "shouldnt diet while bf'ing" lectures please... I miss having my body so much that I cant handle going another 2 years without it). Dying to sleep on my stomach again. Dying to see exactly what out of all this baby stuff we're going to use so we can put away the rest (have tons from when DD was born because she liked some types of baby "stuff" and not some others)

Anyone else? Its like the table is set and the dinner is baking and now there is nothing left to do but wait...and it seems to be taking F O R E V E R!! (last time I would have happily been pregnant for 48 wks, but I'm just too dang tired this time)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hugs to you. I'm in the same boat. It's all done. Just waiting. 39 weeks 5 days now. DS was 11 days late. I could be waiting a really long time! I'm almost excited that dishes didn't get done last night, bc now I have something to do...
And I want my body back, too. Sooo badly! I had begun an exercise regimen a few weeks before I got pregnant (and then really bad ms for a really long time, so that exercise ended!) and I was so looking forward to dropping 5 or 8 lbs. Now I want this baby here so I can have my body back and take advantage of the nice weather we're still having to walk and hopefully get into some sort of good habits!

·
Registered
746 Posts
oh, I totally feel you. I feel as though I was really ready and had everything clean a while ago, and now things are getting cluttered and messy and dusty as I wait. I feel as though I am losing my edge. I am 39 weeks today. I went 40w+4 days with dd. I have been under some stress lately and dd is really acting out, so I'm trying to calm down so that baby will feel that it's safe to come. Maybe this weekend I can get things clean and in order--again--and release some stress so this baby can come on!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by naismama View Post
oh, I totally feel you. I feel as though I was really ready and had everything clean a while ago, and now things are getting cluttered and messy and dusty as I wait.
Yeah there is that too... it takes an act of a diety to get my family to all pitch in and deep clean and we got it all done a couple weekends ago, but nobody has kept up with any of it and the house is a disaster again. Plus our cat has fleas (ever have an animal that refuses to be deflea'd for more than a week no matter how great the meds are?
: )

Part of me wants to just go to bed and stay there until the baby comes. (our bedroom is the only clean room in the entire house) The other part just wants to go through the house and throw out EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yea, I'm to that point. My midwife came today with the tub and she is so ready for this baby to come! She actually came with EPO to, so I've added that to my regime. Seriously, she can come anytime especially because we keep having problem after problem with dh's car. If the baby comes, he doesn't have to go to work
So that would hold off all the car crap for a couple weeks.
Ok baby, everyone is waiting (I'm only 37w 5d and I went to 42 with my first and 40 with my second)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.