Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your policies regarding your vacation time? How bout the kids vacation time? Do you have personal days written into our contract?

TIA

·
Registered
825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stellimamo View Post
What are your policies regarding your vacation time? How bout the kids vacation time? Do you have personal days written into our contract?

TIA
Here is a bit of my contract regarding days off that I have cut and pasted:

PAYMENT AND FEES
Child care is provided on both a part-time and full-time basis. The following scenarios demonstrate the policy regarding your specific daycare arrangement.
1.Part-time scheduled weekly care - Children who attend on the same day(s) each week. If your child attends care on the same day(s) each week that child is expected to attend and payment is required for these days regardless of attendance.
2.Full-time weekly care - Children who attend every day of the week. If your child attends care every day he/she is expected to attend and payment is required for all of these days regardless of attendance.
3.Part-time flex care - Children who attend on a flexible schedule. If your child attends on a random basis each week a schedule of attendance is required. This schedule is required at least three weeks in advance. Your child is expected to attend on all scheduled days and payment is required for all of these days regardless of attendance. Also, parents of children attending on a flexible basis will be required to commit to a minimum number of days each week.

Care will NOT be provided on the following days : Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, and Thanksgiving Monday. Payment is required for all statutory holidays. Should a statutory holiday not fall on a weekday either the Friday preceeding, or the Monday following the holiday will be taken in lieu of the actual holiday. If your child would normally attend on the actual day of the statutory holiday or the day taken in lieu of the holiday you are responsible to pay for that day.

Optional provider time-off may be taken during the year. Should the provider take additional days that are NOT statutory holidays no payment is required for those days taken.

Payment is required in full for the week at DROP-OFF on the first day of the week the child has care. Cheque or cash are accepted. All USF cheques will be subject to a $25 fee. A late fee of $5.00 per day will be applied if payment is late. All outstanding fees will be required on the first day back to care . Non-payment of fees will result in a termination of care until payment is made.

*Please remember, scheduled days for your child are provided and guaranteed for your use. If a child is not in attendance I am unable to fill that day with another child*

**If a child does not attend due to sickness this is considered a scheduled day and payment is expected**

***If your child will not be in attendance for a week (ie. Your family is going on vacation) then payment is due for that week on the last day of the previous week***

So, basically, in a nut shell they pay for every week day of the year unless I choose to take it off and it is NOT a holiday.

I used to let parents take a week off without paying and also they could take up to two days in a week off with two weeks notice given to me. However, nearly every parent abused it and would take a Thursday, Friday and then the week of holidays and then the following Monday, Tuesday. Of course, they would all take it in July or August too so that really cut into the summer income. Now, I figure that they all get paid when they take time off so they need to pay for their spot here too.

Think of it this way...we don't call the cable company and ask for a refund of a week when we go away on vacation. Same thing...the parents are paying for a spot in your daycare NOT the days they use.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Payment Procedure: Unless you are receiving subsidized care tuition will be due in advance. You may pay by cash or check. If a check is returned I will notify you and will ask for payment in cash, and a $20.00 fee will be assessed. After the second returned check, I will accept only cash. Day care fees are charged on a weekly basis. (The weekly fee for part-time care will be based on the family's requested days/hours of care per week multiplied by the part-time daily or half day rate. Any hours beyond the contracted hours will be added at the hourly rate.) Each family is required to pay the weekly fee whenever the daycare is open, whether or not the child is in attendance. This weekly fee ensures that the child's spot is held for him/her. Payment is due weekly by 6:00 on Friday, or on the last day of care (for the next week). Exception to this is hourly drop in care, and is to be paid on day of service. Overtime fee is paid the week it was made. Each calendar year a family may take two weeks vacation while the daycare is open for half the normal rate. This fee holds your child's place. Any vacation time beyond that and the regular weekly fee will be applied.
A two-week written notice of this vacation period is required. If no written notice, or less than 2 weeks, the regular weekly fee will be charged. I will give you at least two-weeks notice of any changes in my fees or policies.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I'm employed by my local home-based childcare scheme, so I didn't make my own policies, but I'll add them anyway.

30 days per year of absences without payment are permitted, but the scheme still pays me for those days. Absences due to illness with a doctor's note do not count towards the 30 days. Any vacations for the children's families have to come out of these 30 days. I get 4 weeks paid vacation and 12 days paid sick/personal days per year, but parents do not have to pay while I am out for vacation, sick, or personal reasons. If a public holiday falls on a child's scheduled day of care, they still have to pay the regular rate even though I will be closed. There is an option for me to be open on public holidays, but a higher holiday rate will be charged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts