Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent 6 days in the hospital, actually I should still be there but I begged my way out. I got a pump as soon as I got to the ER, had them change my meds (I was so out of it in pain when I got there that I didn't ask what they gave me and had to dump a feed), had my dh bring the baby once a day to nurse and pumped 5 times a day to keep up supply. I have Crohn's and have elevated liver enzymes, pancreatitis, and yet Sage has not had formula outside of the NICU (about 2-4 ounces) I am also working full time.

I am so sick of hearing about people who had to wean because they went back to work, could bf'd due to blah blah blah, etc. Am I sacrificing some of my own well being to provide her with breastmilk? Yes, but that is my job as her mother.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Are you having surgery soon? Isn't pancreatitis something that needs to be acted on promptly?

And yes you do rock!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

You are an inspiration. You're absolutely right - motherhood necessitates sacrifice. We have a God-given responsibility to do what's right and best for our babes. Often this means sacrificing our own well-being to some extent.

When your child is older and asks why you did so much to keep her bf'd, what will you say? B/c it was the right thing to do. B/c you are my child and my gift, my responsibility. You are not an inconvenience or a hassle. Feeding and nurturing you right is my duty, not a game to be dropped when it becomes dull or difficult.

Imagine if people gave up on marriage so easily. Oh wait...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeosMama

When your child is older and asks why you did so much to keep her bf'd, what will you say? B/c it was the right thing to do. B/c you are my child and my gift, my responsibility. You are not an inconvenience or a hassle. Feeding and nurturing you right is my duty, not a game to be dropped when it becomes dull or difficult.

Thanks, I needed that. Brought tears to my eyes, she is my gift, my joy, my love, and along with her sister(s) and my husband, they are my life.

Pancreatitis, in my case will come and go I guess. Goes along with Crohn's alot. I do have to have a liver biopsy soon to see about the liver enzymes.

I found out I am very anemic also, combined with the pancreatitis, thin stomach lining, etc, I think I may be having difficulty processing B12. Pernacious anemia. I have no Illeum and this is where B 12 is processed. None of the docs said this, but it seems to be what I keep finding. Tomorrow I call my docs at Cleveland Clinic, I was here in Toledo this time. They should know more.

I am sad, while I was in the hospital a momma e-mailed me from Milk Match looking for breastmilk for her little one she is adopting. I would have loved to help, but at this time sustaining myself and Sage is all I think I can manage. PLus I have had 2 blood transfusions in the last 12 months

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Just take care of yourself and your family mama. Someone else will step up and help this other family. You have done your part to help others, this is for someone else to do. That's not usually good karma, I know, but in this case it is realistic and true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.