Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just feeling SO in love with my little wiggler lately!
: And I'm feeling so much more in love with DH too. It makes my life feel absolutely perfect despite all the not perfect parts.

I just don't know what to do with all this love for Lovey because I can't see her or hold her yet. I want to snuggle her so bad! And since she's my first I've never dealt with feelings quite like these before. I also wasn't expecting this pregnancy to make me love my DH so much more than before.
Everyone always warns that babies won't make a marriage better and that you shouldn't expect to love your baby right away. So I'm surprised by how much she's changing me already.

How on earth am I going to survive loving this little girl and letting her run around with a piece of my heart? How am I going to handle loving her even more when she arrives? I guess these are the best possible worries I could have to deal with.

I used to be scared that once she got older and wasn't a little baby I wouldn't like her as much. But lately that doesn't worry me at all.

I just love her so much and it's just the best feeling in the world and I needed to share because I can't keep it contained!
But I guess who I should really be sharing this with is DH and Lovey. I should write them each a love letter. DH can have his now, but I guess Lovey will have to wait a while.

· Registered
242 Posts
I hope you are keeping a journal! It is fun to read back to when you were expecting, before you knew your child so well. I read mine to my boys and they love to hear it! They were loved and wanted way before I ever held them in my arms!!

I was definitely in love with DS right from birth. DS #2 felt different, I loved him very much, but I knew DS#1 so well....I just remember holding #2 right after he was born thinking who are you??

As a mother you will definitely be wearing you heart on the outside for the rest of you life.

It's fun to read how excited you are. What a blessed baby girl!

· Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rie View Post
I hope you are keeping a journal!
I do, several in fact (my blog, my pregnancy journal, and a regular journal). I really enjoy writing and have kept a journal since I was 15. But it's been over a week since I wrote in my regular journal. Thanks for the reminder!

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Truly, truly sweet sentiments, Holly; how delicious to be in love with two people
: There are times when I look at Harriet's booty and just CANNOT wait to hold our little one close to us.

I feel so similar, and am definitely closer to DH than ever before. It's a lovely feeling. One of the reasons I love this board is that there is so much love here for our partners. It's rare on preg. boards to here such glowing love for our "others" so I'm so glad I find that here.

· Registered
3,198 Posts
Quote:
How on earth am I going to survive loving this little girl and letting her run around with a piece of my heart?
That's like one of the great questions of the ages. I am really not sure how mothers do survive that. We do though. We must be pretty strong.

Your post was so sweet. You definitely should save it for Lovey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.