Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I am a late implanter--11 DPO (which explains the false-negatives with my other babies I carried to term). It also explains the chemical pregnancies I have had in the past year or so because my luteal phase is 12 days long. During the cycles with a chemical preg, there is the definitive implantation dip on day 11, temps go back up to higher than before & sometimes a BFP on day 12, and then my period starts 13/14 DPO.<br><br>
So what can natural approaches can I take to get my luteal phase a few days longer to get a sticky bun in the oven? I know that as women age, their luteal phase tends to get a bit shorter--I am 35, not ancient, but certainly not 19. I suspect that is why I was able to successfully get pregnant before but am having woes now.<br><br>
Any suggestions?<br><br>
M.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My best friend sought help from an accupuncturist for this very problem. She had not been able to get pregnant because of a short luteal phase. It worked. She's now the mother of three, a 5 yo, 3yo, and 6mo.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
With af starting on 13/14 dpo you have a decent lp, so I'm not sure if you could get it any longer than that. I second the progesterone suggestion. Recurrent chemical pregnancies could be a sign of low progesterone (progesterone helps make a healthy lining and prevents the lining from shedding if the egg has been fertilized). Also, I take baby aspirin, it's supposed to help prevent chemical pregnancies by improving blood flow and also helping with the lining. Good luck!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions--I will look into them. I think it's a combination of a late implantation (11 DPO: can't change that) with my normal luteal phase of only 12 days (the only months in the past 15 that I have <i>not</i> had a 12 day luteal phase are the months I have had a chemical pregnancy) and possibly low progesterone (can do something about that).<br><br>
Here's to BFPs for all of us soon!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I too have short LPs, 9 days. I felt B6 and Vit C helped when ttc #2.<br><br>
It maybe because I have short cycles, 24 days, but I also get late + HPT. With my last pregnancy I thought AF had arrived 1 day late...I was excited for the improvement (I felt I had to give the B6 credit). After 2 - hpt and a very light AF (more than spotting) I prepared to O again only to find out I was indeed preg after a suspicious +OPT days before I usually O. It was all really weird, but exciting!<br><br>
I took 50mg B6 with Vit C with breakfast and again with dinner. Vit C is good for the absorption of the B6 and is supposed to help improve fertility.<br><br>
Best wishes!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
i was able to lengthen my luteal phase with taking vit E and vit B6, standard amount recommended on the bottle. I did that when TTC with my second, and I did it as my cycle was returning after Felicity to try to ward off my usual 6 months of short luteal phase, and my first cycle gave me a day 14 ovulation.. and I got pregnant. I had never had my cycle return to normal, had SLP 3 times... so I was shocked that my use of E and B6 again pre-emtively worked to help me conceive after my first PP cycle.<br><br>
I know there are herbs you can use, but I remember reading they were contraindicated for nursing so I never used them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts