Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay- we have nearly zero money right now and DD is in huge need for some covers- so my problem...

I have some diapers I can sell- a few fitted, but then I am only left with flats, and sometimes she goes to a sitter- not often but if DP and I are both working or we have a meeting we both have to be at- so this leaves me with only flats for a sitter- Should I sell my fitted?

I guess I could make her some new fitted and get some aplex with my cash from selling the dipes, then she would have some fitted for a sitter-

What do you think??

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Have you asked your sitter if she's comfortable with flats? I know dh (who is a SAHD/DCP) uses only AIOs (and sometimes fitteds and covers) because he can't do flats/prefolds... he's just scared of the snappi, :LOL

PM'ed you...

Nada

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well last time I left her I did leave some flats but she was so confused- lol... And I could give her a good snap type cover but I only have one and it is not clean most of the time- but then she could fold the prefold and lay it in the cover- but then what happens if DD poops a ton and get the cover yucky then she is left with flats and pull up covers.

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do know how to sew- but do I have to have wool? Or what type of sweaters? I have like 6 thrift stores around my town- I am sure I could get some sweaters- I need a pattern.....

· Registered
4,889 Posts
http://www.babyluv.net/store/

instructions for making butt-sweater longies. I've made several using this pattern, and you can see them in the middle of this page: http://pages.ivillage.com/just.a.thought/id2.html

I only use 100% wool, but the general idea is to have at least 85% if you can manage it. Some Mamas felt their wool, others don't. I prefer to felt it. That way "the deed is done" before I sew it, so no accidents will hurt if it somehow got confused w/ real laundry (plus it could be machine washed if they got truly dirty). I also wanted them fairly thick. The 2nd pair (in the pictures... w/ the multiple repeating pattern) is on C virtually every day now that its winter. I sewed by hand b/c my machine didn't want to sew the thick knit wool. So for $3 and 2 hours (max) of time and a little elastic for waist, I have a pr of wool longies that are a great diaper cover and he can crawl in them w/o me wincing at the thinning pilling of the knees.
He can wear them in mud and I won't care.
Seriously... its so easy its almost criminal-- you can do it!

· Registered
899 Posts
I would go for the nylon pull up covers--I love Bummis Whisper Pants--those are $5. There are one even less inexpensive than those, maybe do a searh on nylon pull up covers. I know there are some cheaper ones out there. I do believe that some dappi covers in a two pack for $4 here

Also, proraps has an 800 number which I have long lost--where they sell seconds. Maybe somebody else will have that number--they are like half off (if I remember correctly). I personally am not a big fan of proraps (never fit my ds well), but others here really love them.

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No babies r us around- we live in the very very far north of Michigan- Maybe in Green Bay but that is 4 hours away

But I did make a fitted diaper tonight that will fit DD better than the size M that she has- so maybe I will make her some fitted dipes and sell the other ones I have- I have some really cute SugarPlumBaby dipes, I do love them- but- heh....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.