Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy a Marathon from babycatalog.com (they do cheap seats on the prints that are going out of stock.) I had my heart set on the cow print, but I'll buy the zebra because it's cheaper

Here's my point!!! ~
Advice I've gotten says that it helps to have 2 covers for when you need to wash one, so I want to see if anyone that's done with their car seat wants to sell me/give me their old cowmooflage cover.

Anyone, anyone?

TIA!
--Vanessa

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
FWIW I've never had a second cover and it hasn't been an issue yet [knocks wood]

You might look at the boulevard though- it's got side impact protection that the marathon doesn't AND a great little knob to move the straps instead of re-threading.

-Angela

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've got each of my kids in Marathons and have only had to wash the covers once in almost 2 years. And I just stayed home for the day they were in the wash.

What might be more useful than a second cover is a second car seat. For less than an extra cover would be I picked up a no-frills Graco Convertible. Having an extra seat has saved the day so often in so many ways.

And, since I'm already providing you so much advice you didn't want, I'll encourage you to look into the denim covers. Being 100% cotton they are much more comfortable in the heat than the polyester covers.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the advice ladies,
just ordered our marathon (babycatalog.com has the close-out patterns for $218) so it should be here soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts