Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know whether my incision makes me a candidate for a VBAC?<br><br>
I'm not pg, but have been thinking about TTC next year.<br><br>
In '96 I had surgery on an ovary that resulted in a c-section-like scar (low horizontal), but to my knowledge my uterus wasn't touched.<br><br>
In Feb. '09 my DD was born by emergen-c-section after 32 hours of labor, fully dilated but baby not descending, very high heartrate, etc. The doc that did the section used the same scar from my previous surgery, and said that he "cleaned it up" a bit.<br><br>
Do I just need to get my medical records and see what they say? Do I need them from the '96 doctor too?<br><br>
Who would I contact for my c-section records: 1) my midwife's office, 2) the doc that did the c-section, or 3) the NICU where my records were taken as my DD's "medical history"? I'm hesitant b/c I think Miami Children's Hospital charges like $1/page and I've got a 3-inch binder full....<br><br>
Is it safe to assume one way or the other?<br><br>
TIA<br><br>
kate

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I would get the records (either from your doc/midwife or the hospital). They should all have them on file, right? Then you can find out more about your incision for the section. not sure about the previous surgery - it doesn't sound like it will make a difference, but maybe ask an OB/midwife if they think it would helpful to have the records from that, too.<br><br>
As for the $1 a page - I wonder if you can just get copies of the pages with the info you need? I'm honestly not sure, and would try th doc/midwife's office first to see if they will fax them for free (or cheaper) - and they would be able to pick out the specific pages.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAAHHHH. I should delete my post. I called my old midwife's office, on a whim, and got ahold of a nurse who pulled my chart and read the info to me: something something suture with continuous interlocking stitch something something stitch.... I said, "so that's double stitched?" And she said "yes." YAAAAY.<br><br>
I think I just needed to post here to get up the courage to call and ask....

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
Good news!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts