Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the long title...the post is a little long too.
The nonbolded part is all background, the bold is what's really important...and since I'm desperate for answers here, if you're in a rush, just read the bold part. That's how accomodating I am.

I nursed my son through my daughter's pregnancy, although I had to supplement towards the end. When nursing I experienced pain only when he bit me because he was frustrated with the lowered milk supply and/or the different taste of the milk when I was pregnant.

When I was pregnant with #3, I nursed my daughter for about three months through the pregnancy. At one point I started having strong cramps - I thought it was the beginning of a miscarriage - but my very BF/NCB-friendly OB suggested that it might have been uterine contractions triggered by breastfeeding.

My doula told me that in first pregnancies, you don't notice uterine contractions as much. I had no BH-cntx with my first pregnancy at all. By my third pregnancy, I felt like I could feel everything. I had BH-contx starting in the second trimester and lasting approximately FOREVER. I had to wean DD when I was 4mo pregnant because nursing was causing me so much pain, and I was dreading having to nurse. We barely made it to two years.
Now my youngest daughter is six months old and I am due next July/August. I really want to nurse her for AT LEAST the first year of her life, preferrably two years. I'm worried, though, that I am already feeling slight cramping sometimes when I nurse her. Is this going to cause a problem? Will the increased cramping = increased chance of miscarriage?

· Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, everyone, my mind is at ease.
I am hoping to keep a supply of EBM in the deep freezer in case it starts to hurt too badly, but hopefully I can tandem nurse again after the pregnancy is over.

Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.