Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night and this morning, my breasts feel like they did when my milk came in! They are engorged, sore, and leaking milk like mad! My son is 7 1/2 months old and his nursing patterns haven't changed much.... I am quite confused! I tried to google it, but everything I found was about how to increase your supply, not what would make me wake up soaking wet (and Keagan too as he was sleeping next to me, poor kiddo!) I am so sore! I really have not felt like this since he was six days old and my milk came in! Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I would take a hot shower and express the excess until you are comfortable (not until you are empty or you will just continue to make too much). If this continues to happen, then there may be something else going on.<br><br>
This happens to me once in a while. THe kids slow down just a little bit, and after a few days I am in pain!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has not slowed down though. He nursed at least two, maybe three times overnight last night (which has been the norm for him for about a month...) If he'd slowed down or sped up I could see some changes, but he's acted exactly the same as he has been.<br><br>
I pumped and he's nursed a few times and I am still all sore and leaky.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. I can't even remember the last time I had oatmeal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Geez, I wish I had your problem! I've been trying to get my supply up, but it just sits where it's been for 3 months.<br><br>
I would suggest pumping out the extra and stashing it in the freezer.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya... I am taking advantage while it lasts... I am just confused as to why it is happening.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is it possible that while he may be sucking the same amount of time, he is sucking less effectively? Maybe he is sucking partly just for comfort or out of habit but in a way he knows won't get him milk because he's not really hungry. I can only tell if my dd is eating by how often she swallows, which is not a terribly accurate measure...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts