Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed my past two cycles have had very little ewcm. I am wondering if there is a way to encourage production of this beloved fertility goo. I am just too paranoid to do the egg white thing, and robitussin is a no way for me, makes me nauseous! So, wise ladies, do you know of any other magic secrets to increase ewcm?

Thank you
Brandi

· Registered
415 Posts
Yes, there are lots of things you could do. You could try evening primrose oil, but stop taking it after your ovulation has been confirmed. Or you could eat baby carrots, or drink V8 Splash juice (which has carrot juice in it I think). On another board, people saw improvement in cm when they drank orange juice. Also, just making sure you keep hydrated enough, drink a lot of water, will help too.

Good luck!!!!

Sending lubrication and conception vibes your way :)

Karen

· Registered
1,905 Posts
My midwife prescribed fenugreek tea, which seemed to help, and homeopathic nat mur, which also seemed to help. The fenugreek increases the body's secretions, the nat mur acts to rebalance water in the body.

The fenugreek had an additional benefit of normalizing blood sugar and may have helped with my pcos as well. It is not recommended during pregnancy because it supposedly causes uterine contractions, but you could discontinue it from O to period every month and avoid any potential danger.

Good luck!

· Registered
3,808 Posts
i've heard a lot about green tea and raw carrots. also, i was drinking a lot of apple cinnamon tea a couple weeks ago and noticed more good CM than usual. not sure how related it is, but thought i'd throw it out there

· Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW thanks everyone. I think I will start with the carrots and green tea. Both of which I have in the house. I am also nursing so some things I might not want to use. Thanks again!

Good to hear from you too Karen! Hope you are well. I miss you around here, but SO glad you have moved on!

Brandi

· Registered
4,333 Posts
after doing a
search on green tea, while trying to find out if there were any specific instructions for drinking. I need to refer to trusty tcoyf for the egg white thing I think she mentions, also egg whites. Not sure about taking meds, myself. Could be getting close to O , ((Ovusoft took it away!
maybe I might their in this stretch to do an OPK) so the fenugreek or some of the other natural recs might not be good. Maybe I'll give the ew's a go! :LOL Dh will probably flip! But its for the cause! :LOL

· Registered
8 Posts
hi, i just wanted to let you know evening primrose oil really worked for me this cycle as far as increasing my cm. i've got plenty this cycle. also drinking a ton of water everyday, i kinda have to force myself but everytime my glass is empty i fill it back up. works out to about 10 glasses a day.
ps my skin is looking great. added bonus.
hth

carrie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.