Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a midwife that can attend a homebirth and accepts medicaid patients. I'm 23 weeks along and have had a previous c-section, and a horrible experience, and would really like to find one. Anyone know where I can look or know of any personal experiences in the area? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Hi. I don't believe that any homebirth midwife accepts medicaid as payment(I don't think they can, I don't think Medicaid pays for homebirths), but some do discount their fee for Women who are on/eligible for Medicaid. I know some people on here know a lot more than i do about Indy area midwives, I'll let them chime in.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Hi! I would try contacting midwives directly to find out if they have a sliding scale or accept Medicaid. While homebirth may not be covered, surely pre-natal and post-natal exams would be, right? Just a guess. Do you have any midwife names or contact info? If not, I can PM you the contact info for midwives in the area. Are you seeking a CNM or CPM?

Congratulations!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
The only midwife I know of is Penny Lane CNM. She still charges a large cash fee to cover the cost of her assistant which is not covered by medicaid. All of the CPMs that I know in the area have sliding scales and will barter so you should contact the indiana midwives association to get contact information for some near you and talk to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.