Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ~

My DS is just over a year old and I am thinking about new developmental toys for him.
Does any one have anything that their children climb on indoors? Something like the Step 2 Kangaroo Climber? Would he be too young for something like that? I am looking for things that will help learn and/or be active. There are so many toys on the market today! I never thought it would be so confusing what to get for the little guy.

Any suggestions for a one year old?

Thank you so much!!!

Many Blessings ~ Rachel

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelS
Hello ~

My DS is just over a year old and I am thinking about new developmental toys for him.
Does any one have anything that their children climb on indoors? Something like the Step 2 Kangaroo Climber? Would he be too young for something like that? I am looking for things that will help learn and/or be active. There are so many toys on the market today! I never thought it would be so confusing what to get for the little guy.

Any suggestions for a one year old?

Thank you so much!!!

Many Blessings ~ Rachel

Always check the slide angle when buying that type of stuff for little uns, a lot of slides, esp. on small indoor/outdoor equipment have a really sharp angle that basically ends up putting the little ones on their bums.

Maybe start with a play tunnel? http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000EYLQHS I got one like this on sale and it folds down flat, but is fun to play with.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Some toddler slides don't take up too much space. Last winter, I saw a set that was a toddler slide and swing, and I thought it would be fun to play with indoors when the weather was bad outisde. (I'm blanking on brands. Maybe Step 2 and the One Step Ahead catalogue....) Also, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but our DD has an indoor playhouse that she likes, and she loves to play with play kitchens at other kid's houses.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
We got the Kangaroo Climber when she was 10 mths (seriously - she's a maniac climber, and had been walking since she was 8 mths - we got the climber to honor her need to climb in a way that was a bit safer than the kitchen drawers) and a ball pit when she was 14 mths. Both are big hits and she still uses them everyday.

At first I put the Kangaroo Climber on a couple yoga mats in case she fell. She never really did fall (sometimes kind of slipped when she was tired but no big falls). Now, at 18 mths, she doesn't need the mats at all.

I vote for the climber and a ball pit too if you have room

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you BellinghamCrunchie, Jennisee, SomedayMom, and pumpkinsmama for your responses!!! I love the ideas!! I like the Kangaroo Climber, however, I have read some not so good reviews?? Does anyone have the Chicco Sport? Or the Naturally Playful Woodland Climber by Step 2? Is that one too big for a 1 year old? Gosh... this stuff is expensive! The ball pit and the tunnel ~ what a great idea!
I would have never known about those! Something soft would be great as well, however, the prices I have seen so far.. whoa.. I can't beleive it.

Thanks again!!!! SO very appreciated!!!

I am still searching today online and I hope to get something soon!
Shop shop shop

Many Blessings ~ Rachel

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
We have a tunnel which gets a lot of use, DD also likes the pop up tents when we got to others houses but we haven't got one yet. For a ball pool we used our pack and play at first, now she's older we putthem in an inflatable paddling pool. 100 balls is not quite enough though.

DD enjoyed crawling or walking over a path of pillows on the floor and also likes using little rugs/mats as stepping stones.

No help of the climber though, DD loves the little tykes slides and cubes when we go out but we haven't got space for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.