Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi smart mammas,</p>
<p>    My very big seven month old has almost grown out of his bucket seat, and I'm looking at convertibles right now.  I'm very interested in the Cosco Scenera because we really do not have a lot of money.  However, we have a tiny two-door Chevy Cavalier (not my ideal car but I'm grateful for it as it was a gift), and I am afraid that we won't be able to fit a convertible in it so that my 6'1" husband can comfortably drive.  Is the Scenera too large for such a small vehicle?  Do you have any suggestions for convertibles that are relatively inexpensive AND relatively small?</p>
<p>    Thanks! </p>

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
<p>For a convertible, the Scenera is very small and takes up very little space.  In fact one of the bigger drawbacks of the seat is that it doesn't last as long as some other seats because it has a short-ish shell.  Also the lack of padding which bothers some kids but not others. Anyhow it installs upright very easily and fits great in a tight spot.  We love ours, though my 2yo has nearly outgrown it by height, unfortunately.  she is very tall though.   </p>
<p> </p>
<p>You will almost certainly need another harnessed seat, fwiw, but it's enough cheaper than other seats that you could still come out ahead in the long run.  And you'll probably get 2 years or so out of it. </p>

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thanks!  That's exactly what I needed to know!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts