Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about all that is available in cding, but I was thinking of getting size 0 kissaluvs, and size medium fuzzibunz to start... how do kissaluvs work at night though? And if they need to be changed frequently, what is the best nighttime diaper for an infant? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I liked the kissaluv 0s. Ruby is 5 weeks now and the rise is jsut too short for her. A little too much baby butt crack hanging out for my comfort level.
I also really liked (and still do) kissaluv contours. easy, fast and trim.
I liked (and still use!) fuzzibunz xs.. and she's just now fitting into smalls. I'd recommend the hemp inserts. much more trim and absorbant. i think the meds will be much to large for a newborn.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
The kissaluv's 0 was not absorbent enough for my heavy wetter. We ended up using fuzzi bunz at night. If your baby fits into kissaluv's 0's then the medium fuzzi bunz will be too big -- i would go with small or xsmall.
Amy

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
They aren't very absorbent but that really doesn't matter to me. My newborns have all needed to be changed multiple times at night because they poop before every nursing, during every nursing and after every nursing.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
When Catie was a newborn and we were up nursing and changing at night anyway, I did use the KL 0s with a doubler sometimes at night. I don't think it would work for longer stretches of sleep though. Fuzzi Bunz and BumGenius are nighttime staples here.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I changed the diaper before every nursing so I see no reason why they shouldn't work for us. We used prefolds last time and I never had any problems. It's once they start sleeping longer that we had to consider other options.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
We used the Kissaluvs size 0s, added the Kissaluvs doublers, and used wool soakers for night and they worked pretty well, especially considering that my son is a very heavy wetter. If you are thinking of using the Kissaluvs because they have the snap-down feature for the umbilical stump, the Swaddlebees Infant size dipes have that also, and they are more absorbant. We tried FBs and didn't like them. The fleece gave him a rash (first one he'd ever had) and we found the pocket dipes a pain to stuff. I sold them and got a bunch of Swaddlebees and Little Beetles. HTH!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
If you are waking up often, a K0 with a hemp doubler worked great. We're sleeping longer now, so we use a FB with a mf and hemp insert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts