Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several midwives in the past year and would like a little help. If I could get some personal experience or other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The midwives I have talked to so far are Jackie Griggs, Chris Duffy, Pat Jones, Jane Hitch, and Kathy Giessen (although I want a homebirth and she does not do homebirths).

Please PM me with your experience. TIA!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used Jackie Griggs for the first half of my pg and liked her. Then I had to switch b/c of insurance crap and now I'm with Kathy. I like her as well and have had no problems. She and I seem to be very much on the same page about how we want the birth to go. But, yeah, she doesn't do homebirths (which wasn't an option for us this time around anyway). Good Luck finding someone that you love!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was referred to Sandra McDonald by the MW's at St. Luke's, but (surprise, surprise) they couldn't find her phone number. I was hoping some one could tell me how to get in touch with her. I quickly aproaching the half way mark and I'd like to find someone that homebirths.

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, new to this tribal area. So glad I found you all! I had to search midpregnancy for a new MW also and it was very stressful. I interviewed several homebirth midwives including a few on your list but we chose Natalie Wommack and LOVE her. She is a newer MW in town but has years of good experience behind her. If you have any questions about her or the other MWs, feel free to PM me. Natalie's website address is www.fruitfulvinemidwifery.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just wanted to update that I delivered at the North Houston Birth Center with Kathy Vande Giessen last week on the 27th of December and I had an absolutely perfect, wonderful waterbirth experience in which I was able to deliver my own baby underwater and into my arms. Kathy and her doula stuck exactly to my birth plan and my wishes for a "supervised" birth where they were mostly hands-off and just there to handle any possible complications.

i would highly recommend her to anyone, especially those on state insurance (medicaid) because she takes it and that was one requirement I needed in a midwife.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.