Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61% of Representative Frederica Wilson's (FL-24) constituency is Catholic, 9% Southern Baptist. I wonder if they know that aborted fetal cells are used in many vaccines. I wonder how they would feel about their congressional representative pushing mandates for these vaccines.

Do you think ads (billboards/newspapers/television) targeting areas with high concentrations of religions/denominations opposed to abortion might be an effective way to put an end HR 2232 and any subsequent legislation?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
To be completely honest, I'm not sure how many people who don't know there are fetal cells in many vaccines, would change their mind if they found out.

My personal experience is that it doesn't seem to outweigh the benefits for most people who wish to vaccinate, regardless of their overall stance on abortion.

I've seen more people concerned about animal proteins and parts, and other components, than diploid cells. (I'm concerned with the above ingredients, as well..it's a cocktail of wrong to me, personally, in a myriad of ways: spiritual, ethical, physiologically/health.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Soliciting the advocacy or people who care very deeply about what happens to unborn children has very little to do with getting the support of people who make policy affecting those already born.

So my opinion is no, those billboards (etc) would not help.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I think billboards would be effective. But I'd tailor them to the broadest possible audience. They need to pack a bigger punch than NVIC's. "Know the risks and failures" is great for people who still have a choice. A billboard campaign these days needs to emphasize a grave human rights violation on the horizon.

Per diocesan mandate, Catholic schools in Florida do not accept religious exemptions. I don't know how Florida Catholics are responding, whether outraged or complacent, but the rationale was that "the Church said it was OK." (Um, not really. But nuance was lost on the archbishop. :eyesroll) My point is that I'm not sure how many Catholics it could reach.

I'm not saying not to do it, but I'd also work on some other targeted audiences, as well.

If you go for it, let us know so we can kick in a little $$$. :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts