Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my precious daughter k has what seems like a hernia right above the pubic area. everything i've researched says she has to have it fixed surgically. she's 21 months old and i am not wanting her to get anesthesia, antibiotics, whatever else comes with surgery. of course, i don't want her to end up with a strangulated hernia either.

anyone have experience with this and have any tips for me? another thing is she hasn't been vaccinated and will they insist on a tetanus vaccine cuz of cutting her open? what are the dangers of refusing that vaccine even tho' she'll have an open wound? i'm really freaking about this, any tips are much appreciated...

thanks,
rachael

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I don't know anything about that kind of surgery but I can't imagine that a tetanus shot would be an issue because the wound will be made in a sterile environment. I just wanted to send you a hug because I remember how scary it was when ds had his 10 cavities filled under general anaesthesia.

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
My ds1 had surgery for an inguinal hernia at around 19 months. I stopped vaccinating him at 9 months and was not asked for a shot record. Sending him in for the surgery upset me so much but it really went very well with zero complications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts