Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on placing an add for a babysitter at a few of the small local colleges so I can have a weekly night out! As a solo work at home mama I think this night out will be healthy even if I spend it alone in a bookstore....

I would love input on my sitter ad:

BABYSITTER NEEDED FOR MY BEAUTIFUL 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

I'm looking for a female, student preferably, to babysit my 2-year old daughter at my place in (city) one weekend evening per week, with additional hours occasionally available but not required. The weekend evenings will vary between Friday and Saturday and very occasionally Thursday so evening flexibility is extremely helpful!

Ideally my daughter would be asleep the majority of the time you are here, but I can't make any promises she can at times be a night owl! When awake, care for my daughter would include: playing games, reading to her, watching movies and cuddling with her.

I'm a nice, relatively young mom who would like to have a weekly girls night out or date night once a week. Most events start around 9PM and go to 1AM so hopefully you don't mind staying up a little late.

I can pay $10 per hour with 1-year (hopefully year round) commitment.

Please send me a note and tell me about yourself with your experience as well as the best way to reach you if this is a match for you.

Hope to hear back from you!

*** Cross Posting with Single Mamas ***

· Premium Member
12,443 Posts
My initial thoughts:

It's very vague as to when you want them to work. You might be better off to put less detail and simply say "one weekend evening a month so I can have a girls' night out." You can work out the details later.

Second ask for references. You don't know this person or their family. You MUST get references. Do you want to come back and find your home cleaned out and your dd alone?

You might also want to consider hiring TWO sitters so that if one is busy you can still have your time out.

This is what I would say: (shorter, not so chatty, but a bit more business like)

BABYSITTER NEEDED FOR MY BEAUTIFUL 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Single mom is looking for a student (preferably female), to babysit my 2-year old daughter at my place in (city) so I can have a girls' night out. The time would usually be from 8:30 pm to about 1 AM, one weekend evening per week.

I can pay $10 per hour with 1-year (hopefully year round) commitment.

Some of the time my daughter will be asleep. When she's awake, duties would include: playing games, reading to her, watching movies and cuddling with her.

Please send me a note and tell me

• your work experience
  • your experience with children
  • and the names/numbers of 2 references I can check
  • the best way to reach you

Hope to hear from you!

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you soooo much Lynn! I made some minor changes but LOVE the changes you made.

Here is the revision:

BABYSITTER NEEDED FOR MY 2-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Single mom is looking for a student (preferably female), to babysit my 2-year old daughter at my place in (city) so I can have a ladies' night out. The time would usually be from 8:30 pm to about 1:30 am, one weekend evening per week.

I can pay $10 per hour and would like a 1-year (hopefully year round) commitment.

Some of the time my daughter will be asleep. When she's awake, duties would include: feeding a light snack, playing games, reading to her & watching movies with her.

Please send me a note and tell me

* your work experience
* your experience with children
* and the names/numbers of 2 references I can check
* the best way to reach you

Hope to hear from you!

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Honestly, if you don't know the pool to which you're advertising, I wouldn't give out so many details (like the fact that your child is a girl or that you're a single mom or when you'll be away from your child)! The best thing would be to get a baby sitter through someone you already know. But if you really MUST put out an ad (to be read by ANYONE, btw), then I think you need to really simplify it.

BABYSITTER NEEDED FOR TODDLER:

1 Weekend evening per week, 5 hrs. @ $10 per hour

Apply by email only, and include the following:

* work & childcare experience
* names/numbers of 2 references
* contact information

Drug users / smokers need not apply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.