Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay,
maybe it is because this is my first.
maybe it is because I stay home to take care of our 10 month old.
maybe it is because I breastfed an extremely colicky and refluxy babe
maybe it is because I am the one that doesn't sleep so she can eat, wake etc.
maybe it is because I was the one that wore her all day for 4 months and never slept---like 8 hours a day during the colicky period.
maybe it is because I am the one to do 90% of all actual childcare.

either way, I am secretly resentful and hurt that my babe LOVES it when her dada walks into a room. there is smiles, squeals, high fives, pure joyful playing and fan fare when dada gets home....same for me---nope, more like "oh there's milk lady".

so, yes, I am being an immature secrety martyr right now but I cant' help but think, "she doesn't like me any more".
. sad.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I know exactly how you feel. Dada can always get a smile and he knows exactly the right tickle spots to get a laugh. I try to tickle her and she looks at me like "umm, what are you doing?" lol
Just know that she DOES love you, she probably just doesn't show it as much bc she sees you all day.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Hold out for when she is walking and falls and scrapes a knee. She will be running to you in an INSTANT, and no one else. I promise, because I was there, and I am there now.

Since you are there 100% of the time, dad is something knew. Try to think of it as if you WERENT there, she would be looking for you, TRUST ME!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Hold out for when she is walking and falls and scrapes a knee. She will be running to you in an INSTANT, and no one else. I promise, because I was there, and I am there now.

Since you are there 100% of the time, dad is something knew. Try to think of it as if you WERENT there, she would be looking for you, TRUST ME!
Eaxactly. Your turn will come.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
OP - I'm in the same boat! My BF is at school all day and I am with baby. I was talking to baby all day long and laughing at him, getting him to smile - as soon as BF walks in the door and talks to the baby he laughs! Out Loud! Not at me - I even tried to get him to laugh at me after he laughed at BF and he Wouldn't! He just looked at me. Then BF takes him back and he starts laughing - INSTANTLY!! And, my son is only 3months - whats so funny about BF and not me??

Ok, done ranting.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
aw, mama!

you are the baby's UNIVERSE! a CONSTANT!

dh is a TOY!

PLAYTHING, silly silly amusing daddy.

do not fret

ive felt that way before, but its fleeting

·
Registered
480 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Materfamilias View Post
In this house, everyone is trumped by ...

... the dog.

: laugh:

That's us too!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thats how it is here in our house too. Sam goes nuts for daddy, if im carrying him he spends the whole time trying to reach over to daddy so he will carry him

Im kinda scared how he is gonna take his Daddy deploying soon, for 9months

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
our baby would have everything he needed in his big brother. . . if his big brother had breasts, that is!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmypoo View Post

I know exactly how you feel. Dada can always get a smile and he knows exactly the right tickle spots to get a laugh. I try to tickle her and she looks at me like "umm, what are you doing?" lol
Just know that she DOES love you, she probably just doesn't show it as much bc she sees you all day.
Exactly the same here with my dd!

You're definitely not alone, OP!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.