Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, DH things cloth diapers are cool, but he's not nearly as into it as I am. I think he's getting tired of listening to me discuss the respective merits pf SS SPs and FCBs. Well, for 2 days now, I've been eyeing a pair of longies and a soaker. I'd finally decided that I couldn't take it any more, so when he got home from work today, I said, "Hey, honey, can you come here a second? I want to show you something I want to buy." "Just buy it." "Don't you even want to know what it is?" "No." Do you realize the mischief I can get into now?!

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyH
:LOL My DH knows better than to say that to me now!
yep

I have been pretty good though- sinc ewe started a few months ago, I haven't spent nearly as much as some of you hyenas have-on my two kids.:LOLWhat a lamo excuse eh?
But I have a while to go- I need to at least be really good til after Christmas. Besides, Storm in the Attic hasn't put her next pair up on ebay yet:LOL

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
nak

so what did you get?

i make 100% of the family money so dh doesnt say anything. I have to be self-controlling
When putting diaper laundry away the other day i made a joke about C needing a new diaper and dh did roll his eyes. but i've trained him not to question me
: :LOL (yes, ok, I'm not the sweetest wife
: )

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Mmmmm, that sounds like a nice NICE husband!!! Oooh, can I show you a few things???
Please do!

Quote:
so what did you get?
Well, I'm about 90% sure that I'm getting a BJM soaker and pair of longies, but I'm still perusing. I'd really like some merino longies.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamma2kaden
Did he even want to know prices?
:
Nope. But he trusts me, and that knowledge keeps me reigned in. I'm sure it's the same for him. Plus, I'm known for being ridiculously cheap, so he just assumes everything I buy is a bargain. :LOL Also, I teach a class at the community college 2 afternoons a week, and we've saved all my income from that, so I think he kind of looks at that as some "mad money."

·
Registered
508 Posts
My dh can often be heard saying... "Well if you like it...buy it!" SO if I didn't have some form of self control we really would be trouble!! I am the money manager around here (I love playing with numbers), it's these darn diapers that have thrown a wrench in my lovely numbers. I think I'm usually asking dh what he thinks when I am looking for someone to talk some sense into me and talk me out of what I am thinking, so his response isn't much help :LOL Perhaps I need to find some work so I can afford some pretty things...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.