Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have read through the other potty learning threads but nobody is having my problem. My dd HATES diapers, she kicks and screams like we are killing her if we put one on. So I figured, cool she wants to potty. She has always watched her father and I on the potty. We have tried leaving the potty in the living room and letting her sit on it clothed, nude, and sans dipe. She watches us flush her poopies. She holds her pee and poo well. But when she has to go she runs away and poops and pees on the floor. If she poops on the floor she plays in it. I will see her grabbing herself when she has to go, lead her to the potty, sit with her read her books etc. As soon as she gets up she runs and goes. I have tried sitting her on the adult potty with one of those kiddie seats on it, I have tried a kiddie potty with and without music. Dh and I are losing our minds. If she doesn't want to potty learn fine, but wear a dipe. My carpet can't take much more of this and neither can I. I have been thinking of buying this kit and maybe a dvd or cd as well. She is very interested in dolls at the moment so I thought if they had the same potty it would help? Any ideas? http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BUGU7Q

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh man somebody please tell me their kid did this. I am starting to feel like I am the only one with a floor pooper

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I haven't experienced this but I couldn't read and not post. My DD also hated diapers before she was regularly going on the potty, but she would get upset when she had accidents, not play in them. We got over it by consistently having pottys around, buying cool fancy (waterproof) trainers and undies and reading books about potty learning. One in particular ends with "No more diapers for me! I am a big girl!" which became her line. We had her help clean up, not in a stressful way, but "Uh-oh! We've gotta clean this up!" she had has a spray bottle with vinegar water (we have all hardwood, so this is easier) that she uses to help clean. Good luck!

·
Registered
590 Posts
One day I said to my daughter. If you go potty on the potty you get a potty treat. She went and I gave her a small treat and praised her. sometime there has to be something in it for them. you could even try giving out cars or something and if they pee/poop on the floor taking one back. I am sorry I don't have any experience with this particular situaion. Please post if you figure out a good solution.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! (no offense!)

my dd also does this. she sometimes goes on the potty but other times just takes off her diaper and pees on the floor. she immediately plays in it. and if she poops i her diaper she pulls it out the sides and brings it to me like a present exclaiming "POOP!"

ARG!!!! so annoying and i can't wait til this phase is over!!

oh and today she refused to pee on the potty unless my 6 yr old son put her there! go figure! I tried putting her on the potty and she screamed for him instead LOL... he thought it was cool the first 2 or 3 times and even tried helping put a diaper on her (which was a riot btw b/c you know how hard it is to diaper a wild 2 yr old!) but now he's sick of playing mommy! he says "eww it's so gross!"

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
dd does this...screams liek were killing her if we try to put a dipe on, but REFUSES to go potty..she will tell us RIGHT AFTER she soils herself..but refuses to go ON the potty...
I cleaned up poop SIX TIMES the other day...
I'm seriously going to lose it soon...

·
Registered
286 Posts
No idea if this is relevant or not, but does DD "hide" from you when she goes? I was talking to my friend who has older children (my DD is still in diapers) and she said when her DD was PL she'd always hide when she had to poop. She really didn't like anyone watching her.
(My friend's DS on the other hand was quite the exhibitionist, and wanted everyone to share in his toileting joys!)

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I got really good at watching for 'the look' and got even better at runnign REALLY fast with a cloth diaper to hold under him
. He eventually stopped doing that!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I am glad I am not the only one. Lo and behold, out of nowhere, she peed twice on the potty last night. Once completely by herself, we didn't even realise she had until we saw her hold herself so we went to the pot and it was already full of pee. She is sleeping now, lets hope she does it again today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts