Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past week, it seems as though I've gone from needing 9 hours of sleep to about 4. I guess I wouldn't call it insomnia, just a decreased need for sleep. I'm not at all tired when I'm done with a few hours. One day I napped with my son, thinking it'd help with the morning sickness, and I couldn't sleep at all at night. But never fell tired for having stayed up all night. And here I am, again, not tired anymore...woke up at 4 AM.

All of this would be a blessing if I weren't so dang sick and could enjoy it!

Anyone else's sleeping patterns a bit crazy right now? What in the world causes this?

·
Registered
685 Posts
This may be out of left field here but if it continues and you have other symptoms like heart palpitations, inability to gain weight, jitteryness - you might want to get your thyroid checked. Pregnancy can do really weird things to thyroid hormones. I wish I could relate - I still need so much sleep!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by remijo View Post
This may be out of left field here but if it continues and you have other symptoms like heart palpitations, inability to gain weight, jitteryness - you might want to get your thyroid checked. Pregnancy can do really weird things to thyroid hormones. I wish I could relate - I still need so much sleep!
hmmm.... thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I, too, am having trouble sleeping (although I'm still tired off and on). I had "3rd tri insomnia" with my last pregnancy. It's probably hormonal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think I have the opposite! I need so much sleep. Before I could stay up even if I was tired, but now that I'm pregnant I will just fall asleep wherever I am. LOL.

I think if you feel fine then I wouldn't worry too much. Things are changing all the time in these months!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
I, too, am having trouble sleeping (although I'm still tired off and on). I had "3rd tri insomnia" with my last pregnancy. It's probably hormonal.
Glad I'm not the only one.
(although not happy you have insomnia)

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Me, I am tired all the time. But I have many nights where I can not sleep, no matter how tired I am. Very annoying!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm getting pretty predicable with being up from about 1-4 am. TRUST me this is NOT what I want to be doing! I'm thrilled when I wake up in the am and I have slept through the night. I've always chalked up pregnancy insomnia and reduced need for sleep as Mother Nature's way of getting mamas ready for those sleepless newborn nights.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have a tough time sleeping at night. But I need it! I'm in such a fog during the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.