Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I haven't post in quite awhile but I'm trying to find some answers and know that there are many wise ladies on the forum.<br><br>
Most of the time I go to sleep fairly easily but wake between 2-4am and toss and turn. Sometimes I can go back to sleep pretty quickly only if I work hard at not thinking about anything. If I start to think, I have a hard time shutting my brain off. Sometimes I'll lose at least an hour of sleep or more at this time and occaionally I give up and just wake up for the day. Also, as soon as the sun starts shining in the windows, I wake up, regardless of how stinking tired I am! Frustrating! Occasionally I have trouble falling asleep, but not usually. I am so sleep deprived.<br><br>
Also, I've had 3 yeast infections in 4 months! Could this be related?<br><br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Low blood sugar. This is what I read recently. If your blood sugar level dips too low during the night it can cause you to wake up and not be able to get to sleep. I'll try to find the webpage I was reading...<br><br>
ETA Ok, here's one website that mentions it (not what I read before but what I found by googling). <a href="http://www.neurologychannel.com/sleepdisorders/naturalmedicine.shtml#Treating" target="_blank">causes of insomnia</a> It says:<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Hypoglycemia<br><br>
Low blood sugar is a common cause of sleep-maintenance insomnia. A diet high in refined carbohydrates (breads, pasta and sugar) can lead to problems in blood sugar metabolism.</td>
</tr></table></div>
Which is interesting because a diet high in refined carbs and sugar would be a diet that would fuel yeast. Does it sound like a possibility for you?<br><br>
ETA again: Besides that I would definitely invest in some good black-out drapes to help getting woken by the light of dawn!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts