Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing insomnia? It's fairly random for me, but always seems to coincide with my 13 mo. old sleeping really well that night.
: I have no insomnia on the nights he's up a few times each hour. Well, I guess you could say I don't get the chance to.

Last night was one of those nights & he was up by 4:30 a.m., ready for his day, because of the time change so I should technically be exhausted. I am exhausted, but I have too much on my mind to shut down right now.
:

Can I just list a few of the things that are weighing on me to get done?? I promise I'm not normally such a whiner...I just need to get it out (then maybe I'll be able to sleep!!!
).

We just purchased a small business that does lifecasting. I'll be the one doing everything & I'm so excited to get it going, but at the same time I feel like I've taken on another big project when I don't have the time for what's already on my plate. I need to get a bunch of hand & foot casts made & display them in various shadow boxes & mount them on wood & marble to have something to show people I'm trying to get to purchase castings. I have signed up for an auction for next week & have nothing to display. I also signed up to do a Holiday Expo at a local WAHM's house, along with other WAHM's, for the next 5 Tuesday's & need display's to set up for this. I homeschool my oldest, who will get absolutely nothing done unless I'm right by him, helping things move along. I'm in charge of a preschool co-op for my middle ds & it's my week to teach & we're having a Halloween party tomorrow I'm in no way ready for. We just got back from an impromptu vacation to Disney & I'm still working on laundry from that. I'm trying to stay positive & focus with my Flylady routines but they seem to have flown out the window & my house is suffering. I got a burst of nesting energy the other day & cleaned out & organized the garage with dh (we moved into this house a few months ago & storage stuff was everywhere in there & it was so embarassing to even open the door....it had to be done but has left a trail of odds & ends that need to find a home inside).

This list could go on & on from here, though these are the biggest things on my list. Notice having a baby was no where in there?? I'm back to being in denial that this baby is coming any time soon. I'm almost 35 weeks & it still is only sinking in every now & then that I'm having another baby. I have nothing ready at all. No clothes pulled out, no diapers ready...if I think about it too much I'll start to get panicked.

And what's with these raging hormones!? One day I'm ready to kill everyone in my path, having no desire to be anything but extremely pissed off, & the next I couldn't love them more. No real reason for either emotion, other than hormones, I can come up with.
: I really do want to be nice to my family but some days it's SO hard.

Thanks for listening. I needed to get that out & move on to some positive thoughts.

Shannon

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Mama! I need a vent post too, but I posted on your positive things post anyways!
It does make you feel better to focus on the good stuff. Your new 'biz sounds awesome

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, PrettyP.
I'm feeling a lot better.

If you posted a vent post I must've missed it. Vent away! It really does help.

Shannon

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
I'm failing at the sleep too...

I'm thinking I'm gonna get the midwife to tell my DH that some wine will be in order tomorrow.

Sure beats the hell outta benadryl....

Last night was:

Cant get comfy
Nose stuffs up
Need to pee
Need something to drink
Cant get comfy
I snore so loud I wake myself up
I need to pee
Alarmclock goes off...

I fail at the sleep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.