Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help...I.can't.sleep! I've been up for about 3 hours now just watching minutes pass by on the clock. I finally decided to get up and get some knitting done and bake muffins while the house is quiet. Geesh, why do I always forget about this part of pregnancy? I know I'm gonna be yawning like mad later today....and I'll need a nap.

So, who else's pregnancy insomnia has kicked in?:yawning:

· Registered
8,956 Posts
Ugh, me! This stinks. I've actually decided to stay home today b/c I barely got a wink of sleep last night. Or the night before. Funny, b/c last week I was thinking, hmm, I've been sleeping so much better lately. Guess I jinxed myself.

Usually I turn on the tv real low and eat something, like a bowl of cereal. Sometimes it's really old Dawson's Creek reruns that put me back to sleep.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
Not too bad recently but that just went away. I would be staying up until like 4 am just because I.Couldn't.Fall.Asleep. It was horrible. Then I would want to sleep until like 12 in the afternoon but had to wake up at 9 when DS wakes up...

· Registered
635 Posts
Mine is a little different. Its kind of like torture. I'm really tired, and have no problem falling asleep, except that if I'm not sitting completly upright I get instant heartburn so badly that it comes up the eating tube and then down my breathing tube & I wake up coughing violently. DP calls the bedstand "the pharmacy" and I spend all night in a pattern of falling asleep (sitting upright) flopping/slouching over, wake up choking violently, cathing my breath, going potty sense i'm up anyways, taking some heartburn medicine, trying to prop myself up better, falling asleep, and over again.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim919 View Post
Mine is a little different. Its kind of like torture. I'm really tired, and have no problem falling asleep, except that if I'm not sitting completly upright I get instant heartburn so badly that it comes up the eating tube and then down my breathing tube & I wake up coughing violently. DP calls the bedstand "the pharmacy" and I spend all night in a pattern of falling asleep (sitting upright) flopping/slouching over, wake up choking violently, cathing my breath, going potty sense i'm up anyways, taking some heartburn medicine, trying to prop myself up better, falling asleep, and over again.
s mama! that sounds horrible!

· Registered
170 Posts
Not there yet, but I think it will be coming soon. I had a realization today of all the things I have left to get done, and how little time.... Anxiety is setting in. Not to mention I have a paper to finish for school, and I can't even bring myself to open the file on the computer and type words that actually make sense!!

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Mama, I am right there with ya. I have no trouble getting to sleep the first time around. It is when I wake up an hour or two later that I have trouble getting back to sleep and just sleeping good period. I am up 10 times a night and then when it is finally time to get up and out of bed I am to tired so I end up sleeping until noon.

· Registered
831 Posts
I... NEED... SLEEP!!!

I've always suffered from insomnia, but it seems like it's 10x's worse when I'm pregnant. I'm lucky if I can go to be before 2 am anymore. Luckily hubby is a sweetheart and he gets my son up in the mornings when he gets home from work at 8 am... And then he lets me sleep til about 9 or 10 (sometimes 11) to make up for what I didn't get. I'm glad he understands how hard it is for me to sleep at night...

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Yep, me too. I'm hoping I'll sleep better when my ILs go home and stop making every good bit of sleep an interrupted one! Or, for those wee hours when I just can't sleep, at least I can get online now, instead of worrying that MIL is sleeping right next to my computer! GRRR.

· Registered
131 Posts
My sleep was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I started getting up to go pee once every night...but now I'm up to 2-3 times a night. I was okay with it for a while...but now I feel like I'm running out of reserves and it's catching up with me. I'm so tired.

The only good thing about it is that I've been waking up so see the moon shining on me in the middle of the night, which is nice. It comes in at a perfect angle throughout the night, and the light passes through the tree branches and leaves, and though by bedroom window onto my bed...shining on my belly.

The lack of quality sleep is okay. I think I completed most of my major tasks at work. I've already begun the maternity leave transition process quite early because I want to make sure I have everything done before 36 weeks. Once September is here, I'll be a ticking clock....less responsiblity for me. Which is good because I'm so tired anyways.

· Registered
2,423 Posts
YES! I'm so tired all the time. I can fall asleep usually pretty well unless it's a bad heartburn night (
s Kim919) and then it's so painful to lay there. But at some point in the night I wake up and am just wide awake! My brain starts thinking about what I have left to do at work, what I should be studying for school, everything I need to do for baby - including dumb little things like "I should try that cover over that one fitted on my infant doll", etc. etc. One night last night I just got up and started knitting and watched the sun come up. I'll be so glad when I'm done with work/school so that if I stay up all night I can sleep during the day.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
My brain starts thinking about what I have left to do at work, what I should be studying fore school, everything I need to do for baby - including dumb little things like "I should try that cover over that one fitted on my infant doll", etc. etc.
Oh my, I do this too. My brain is such mush lately. I just lie awake mulling over all I have to do for school, for the kids, for work...and then my brain drifts off to some crafty project I dream up at the moment. Like last night I even got up at one point to search etsy for elephant fabric for dd's room. Then I was imagining what design I'll paint on my bellycast. No wonder I am so tired...my brain won't rest! Ugh!

Kim919:
mama. Are you able to nap during the day?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.