Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, yarn girls! I'm looking to expand my repertoire a bit. Could y'all share your favorite stitch dictionaries or other resources for some of the more uncommon patterns? I've heard some good things about the "stitch a day" calendar, but I want something in a more user-friendly format. TIA!

And just for kicks, what's your favorite pattern?

(I'm a recent fan of basketweave, myself!)

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
my all time favorite is barbara G walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. It's chock full of fantastic stitch patterns, everything from mosaics to lace and cables. I can literally spend an entire day just getting lost in it, making up swatches of stitches that look interesting, and generally just experimenting. I love it. she's got 4 treasuries, but the second is my favorite.

eta: right now I'm having a love affair with basketweave as well. Jsut did a few bibs for the babe in basketweave, and now I'm working on a wee sweater. before basketweave, I was having serious love with linen stitch

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
linen stitch is my favorite. I don't have a stitch dictionary, but Barbara Walker's is on my wish list. Heck- even Elizabeth Zimmerman raved over those books.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts

Yep, Barbara G. Walker's Treasuries. Good stuff.

I also like her "Learn to Knit Afgan Book" - great for learning new techniques in small, easy to handle pieces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts