Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I worked at a daycare where we had lots of Hispanic kids, & so all of the boys were intact. I had to help one little boy wipe up after peeing on himself. I of course knew not to skin him back. I remember wiping toward his tip, the wipe got caught and pulled his foreskin away from his body a bit, & he grinned. Helping herd the boys in & out of bathroom, I was surprised at how long lots of their foreskin were. What really ticked me off was one of the women referring to the boys' penises as Vienna sausages. I was let go before my probation time as the women didn't like how I was cleaning the classroom. I can remember helping wipe up some boys & thinking 'if the women wanted to, they could skew this & make my life miserable'. But, as an intact guy, I felt more at home working with intact kids. I wish more boys were left intact.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I wish more boys were left intact.
As a guy who was circumcised in infancy, with no say in the matter, I am hugely resentful of what was done to me for absolutely no good reason.

I too, wish more boys in North America were left whole. Actually, I would rather that the whole perverse custom of amputating little boys foreskins had never been invented. It is just bizarre !

it's telling that most of the rest of the world does not mutilate children like this, and that in the Scandinavian countries, there have been initiatives to have the procedure banned - barring legitimate medical need, of course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts