Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 mos old is intact, today my DH saw him retract himself a bit- and he noticed *under the skin* where the retraction stopped two tiny white or light yellow bumps. He said it looked like puss/pimples. HE retracted him again (I was asleep) and is now pissed off at me for telling him not to retract the baby blah blah blah....I said the balls were probably bits of smegma and they were normal, but he said the baby says his penis hurt and he is convinced smegma cannot form under the connected skin. He is also concerned that he is more connected on one side than the other. I told him this was normal. He wants me to take the baby to the Doctor.
Please help ASAP. My dh is PRO-circ and I had to fight him litterally tooth and nail to keep this baby intact (or older son is not)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Did C say his penis hurt before or after your DH retracted him? Because the retraction could have hurt...

I'm wondering if you can get pimples there? I'm not sure--Brandon can't retract himself yet. But it sounds like a pimple. The connection thing is normal--C is only 18 months old, so he probably can not fully retract himself yet....

Oh, and off topic, but I never noticed your siggy before. Thank you for remembering him...
:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
It sounds like smegma pearls. My son has one large one under the foreskin. It makes it look kind of odd, a big lump on one side. They form where the foreskin has begun to separate from the glans. When there's enough room, they come out naturally.

If they're attached to the skin and look like zits, they're likely pearly penile papules. Lots of guys get them and they're totally normal.

http://www.skina.org/atlas/31fibertu...es/image37.htm
Warning: link contains image of adult male genitalia.

They're not any kind of infection or anything. It's just something guys get sometimes. It's very common, but not really talked about sometimes.

BTW, please don't let your DH retract your DS again! The only person to retract his foreskin should be your DS.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
If the pimple like things are under the skin of the glans those are called papules and they are normal. It is also very normal to be retractable on one side and not the other. Tell you dh that by retracting him he could very well introduce bacteria causing pain, Not to mention that he has no idea how much is to much and only his son can know that. He does not need to go to the dr unless there is inflamation with redness, swelling and/or pus. You must get it thru your dh's head that what he did was wrong to prevent it in the future. Please protect your little boy.

Your son may very well go into puberty with that one side not retractable or he may not but it needs to be left alone to do what nature intended it to do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by minkajane

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/greensad.gif[/IMG]

thanks everyone, I will let DH know what you all said.
C has been saying his penis hurts every now and then-I was thinking perhapse he has a UTI but Im not even so sure of that

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
If, as your DH says, he retracted himself a bit, then his glans and foreskin are starting to separate from one another. This sometimes causes a little pain, irritation, redness, swelling etc. but never lasts long. There are just little raw spots where the synechia breaks down. That could be the reason your son says he's hurting. If the white things are smegma, that is another clue he is starting the separation process.

As pp said, it is very common and normal for the foreskin to separate unevenly and remained attached at certain places but not others.

Your boy's awfully young for this to be happening (though it IS possible!) Is there any chance your DH has been retracting him before this time he told you about? Since he's not thrilled about him being intact, I just wonder if he might have been trying to hurry up the process. Would it help if you showed him the AAP care of the 'uncircumcised' (
) penis guide? It tells you to never retract the foreskin. http://www.cirp.org/library/normal/aap/

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I tried minkajane's link with the picture of the papules- it worked for me. Here it is again. Does that work?

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lula's Mom
I tried minkajane's link with the picture of the papules- it worked for me. Here it is again. Does that work?
If it doesnt I'd check your adult content filter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts